Wondering Where To Getaway From It All? Saugatuck In The Winter Is A Perfect Escape
Posted on: December 8, 2016 | Posted in: Getaways
Ten Reasons You’re Gonna Want To Getaway To Saugatuck This Winter
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food, for warmth and a talk beside the fire.”
~ Edith Sitwell
- The Towering Dunes & Gorgeous Vistas at The Saugatuck Dunes State Park | Hike. Snow Shoe. Cross Country Ski. Bird Watch. Pack A Winter Picnic. Take the North Trail and let the Lake Michigan views take your breath away. Or, opt for the locals’ favorite workout … climbing the stairs (there are over 300!) of Mt. Baldhead. Mt. Baldhead is a Saugatuck winter favorite and believe us, the views are worth every step!
- Specialty Shopping | Perhaps there’s a thing or two that Santa left off your list? No worries. Shopping downtown is one of our favorite Saugatuck winter activities, and our specialty shops and boutiques are sure to deliver!
We love Uptown Mercantile. They always have just the right antique that we never knew we simply had to have and becomes the conversation piece of a room..
We are smitten with Good Goods for the very special art they exhibit, the custom made green glass and wrought iron tables, the Todd Reed jewelry (along with countless other small artisan jewelers), the Eileen Fisher clothing, the handmade wooden purses. You’ll find the very special gift for yourself, or another, that you won’t find anywhere else.
Visit Earth Echos with the most magnificent gem and rock sterling silver jewelry. You’ll find so many choices or Shaun will custom make your own special piece.
- Art Galleries & Studios | Oils. Pastels. Watercolors. Sculptures. Glass. Pottery. And so much more. Let the collections and the creativity of Saugatuck & Douglas inpsire.
- Award Winning Restaurants | Winter brings about comfort foods full of warmth. See what our local chefs are creating now!
Try the Old Fashioned Pot Roast at Lucy’s Little Kitchen and enjoy the very best Key Lime Pie ever!
At The Southerner, Spicy Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Homemade Pickles and a Biscuit with Honey Butter..
At Bowdies, the Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak for Two is a must … you’ll never have better. The Grilled Caesar, Truffle Fries, Lobster Bisque, and the Apple Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce will make you swoon.
On Borrowed Time … the food, the setting, the owners, and the FUN!
- Local Wine, Beer, Cider, & Spirits. | Fenn Valley Vineyards, Saugatuck Brewing Company, Virtue & Cranes Cider, Coppercraft Distillery. These are just a few of the local places that will amplify your cheer!
- Oval Beach & Saugatuck Harbor Natural Area | It doesn’t have to be swimsuit season for you to explore one the most beautiful beaches! Enjoy free access to our award winning Oval Beach. Stroll. Release tension with the sound of the waves. Take amazing sunset photos. Snowshoe or hike through the dunes and trails.
- Exhibits, Concerts & Documentary Films at the Saugatuck Center For The Arts | The SCA is a cultural hub of our community, and we love that they continue to deliver award winning artists, groups, and films.
- Live Music All Over Town | There are few things that can so quickly tranport us to a better place than live music. Try Salt Of The Earth, The What Not Inn, Saugatuck Brewing, Lucy’s Little Kitchen, and more for an evening of delightful distraction.
- Fully Customized Massage & Spa Treatments | Let us bring the pampering directly to you. Visit our Massage Page to learn more about all our offerings: choose between hot stone, swedish, deep tissue and more. Add a European facial and a specialty foot massage for deeper relaxation.
- You Never Have To Leave Wickwood Inn! | We’re committed to all things comfortable and cozy. Fireside chats. Forgetting time over a game of Scrabble or Gin. Sinking into a deliciously good book seated next to a roaring fire. Sleeping in. Delighting in a steaming hot cup of single origin coffee. Stepping into the dining room for Champagne Brunch featuring:
Grand Marnier French Toast
Sugar and Spice Popovers
Truffle Scrambled Eggs
Spicy Corn Pudding with Maple Syrup
Honey Glazed Bacon
House Made Pistachio Herb Sausages
Caramelized OnionArugula & Sun Dried Tomato Strata
Squash Frittata with Spicy Tomato Salsa
Taking time to Unplug. Relax. Reconnect. Unwinding with our Evening Sips & Small Plates … you’ll love the:
Fig & Proscuitto Flatbread
Flemish Onion Tart
Shrimp & Crab Crostini
Smoky Potato Soup
Spicy Sausage & Arugula Pinwheels
Ginger Carrot Soup
Fava Beans & Parmesan Crostini
Country Ham and Cranberry Chutney Panini
Smiling as the Innkeepers take expert care of you. Finding time to laugh and to dream. Making memories to last a lifetime.
Join us weekdays in January and February to experience the wonderland that is Saugatuck in the winter and ENJOY rates up to 30% off!
“When there’s snow on the ground, I like to pretend I’m walking on clouds.”