A Perfect Few Days Of Summer In Saugatuck
Whether you summer in Saugatuck year after year, or are checking it out for the first time, we want to make sure you are excited about your summer getaway to Wickwood Inn.
Life here is very special.
“The summer night is like a perfection of thought.”
~ Wallace Stevens
You see, Saugatuck is a small enough place that it’s easy to get around … there’s really no time wasted on long treks between adventures. It wouldn’t be summer in Saugatuck without hopping art galleries, strolling for hours along an award winning beach, shopping in quaint boutiques, climbing up towering dunes, sipping cocktails crafted with local spirits, eating fresh, homemade foods inspired by the abundance all around us, watching an amazing show or taking in a spectacular sunset … all of this is accessible simply by stepping outside our front door. And, with your convenient (and complimentary!) off-street parking at Wickwood Inn, your life just got even simpler.
Not sure all of this is truly possible?
Here’s just one great way you can experience summer in Saugatuck and the difference of life at Wickwood Inn. Reserve your getaway today!
- Arrive at Wickwood Inn | Enjoy a fresh cup of coffee or juice and a sweet treat as you explore your surroundings and settle in. Take a little extra time to enjoy the gardens and the expansive art collection!
- Stroll Downtown Saugatuck | Hit the shops & galleries, stroll the docks, watch the boats glide by, or take the chain ferry across to the Pumphouse museum … regardless, pick up a bottle of wine from Mike at Wine Sellers. Your sunset experience will thank you!
- Sips & Small Plates at Wickwood | Sparkling Rose, Gazpacho, Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Brie, Baby Fava Beans, Parmigiana & Mint Crostini, Three Cheese Gougers
- Enjoy dinner in Saugatuck | Head to Southerner OR Bowdies (walk if you like!) for a fantastic evening out. Southerner’s casual charm, river views, tasty slushees, and homemade goodness make this a favorite for all. Bowdies intimate sophistication, convenient location, specialty cocktails, and award-winning steaks please everyone we know.
- Bask in a beautiful Lake Michigan sunset | Take a cruise on the Star of Saugatuck, charter a sailboat ride, or simple head to Oval Beach for a spectacular sunset. Don’t forget that bottle of wine, and be sure and watch for the Green Flash!
- Dance the night away | When it’s summer in Saugatuck, there’s music in the air, everywhere! Whether you’re hanging outdoors at Wick’s Park or Felt Mansion, or grooving inside at the Saugatuck Brewery, Salt of the Earth, Little Lucy’s, or The What Not … there’s always something happening on the Saugatuck music scene.
“In summer, the song sings itself.”
~ William Carlos Williams
- Catch some fresh air | Delight in a morning walk or bike through town; get out on the trails; or, stroll the beach combing for glass and lucky stones.
- Brunch at Wickwood Inn | Lemon Glazed White Peaches and Blueberries, Local Raspberry and Blackberry Bowl, Wickwood’s Famous Granola, Zucchini and Squash Flower Frittatta, Everyone’s Favorite Spicy Sausage Patties, Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Cake
- Hit the great outdoors | Take in a quick round of 9 or golf the entire 18; rent a stand up Paddleboard or Kayak from Just Add Water; get out on the big lake and catch some fish; rent vintage electric boat; or, pick up that summer read and head to Oval Beach.
- Rest and replenish | Need a caffeine pick-me-up and a lovely little treat to eat? Head to Uncommon Grounds. More in the mood for a cold-pressed juice and avocado toast? Tree of Life has what you’re looking for. Craving an amazing salad, a plate of fish tacos, and homemade lavender lemonade? Grab a table at Grow. Time for a glass of wine, cider or beer and a creative, light bite? You want to be at Borrowed Time.
- Venture out again | Time to stretch beyond downtown Saugatuck, because we don’t want you to miss out on all the fantastic places around us. If you’re looking for that special souvenir from your time here, there are some more art galleries you’ll want to explore: WaterStreet, J Petter, LaFontsee, Roan & Black, and Peach Belt all come to mind. If you’d rather lose track of time tasting wine at an idyllic vineyard and/or orchard … try Fenn Valley Winery and Cranes Pie Pantry, Restaurant and Winery. More in the mood for a rural farm scene and an amazing pint of cider? Stop and enjoy the tranquility at Summerhouse Lavender Farm and then head to Virtue Farms and Cider.
- Sips & Small Plates at Wickwood | Watermelon & Prosciutto, Evergreen Farm’s Goat Cheeses & WIckwood’s Housemade Cheeses, Roasted Prosciutto, Tomato, Burrata, & ArugulaCrostini
- Save some room for dinner | Everyday People Cafe in downtown Douglas always makes us happy. Enjoyed by visitors and locals, it has been a happening hotspot for years! Salt of the Earth in downtown Fennville is an excellent alternative. Wood-fired pizza and salad, scallops, hanger steak … this menu has something for us all.
- Catch a show or a concert | The visual and performing arts scene here surprises most, but we always trust the quality of shows at the Saugatuck Center for the Arts (Mason Street Warehouse Theater, MainStage concert series, Summer in the Studio, Real to Reel Films) and the Chamber Music Festival at the Woman’s Club.
- Options abound | Play an early round of disc golf at the Saugatuck Dunes State Park; head to the Big Lake for a refreshing swim or early morning body surf; stay in bed with a book and enjoy another cup of coffee … you get to decide!
- Brunch at Wickwood Inn | Five Citrus with Honey Mint Sauce, Coconut & Almond Granola, Blueberry Bread Pudding with Spiced Blueberry Sauce, Sour Cream & Pecan Coffee Cake, Golden Lemon & Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Keep the goodness going | Marvel at the variety of fresh fruit, flowers, cheese, produce, and more at an area farm markets; grab a basket and pick your own blueberries (this area grows the BEST!); find the ripest peach in the orchard and pick a bushel or two; load up on the tastiest goods to take home from FarmHouse Pantry and Kismet Bakery.
- Time to go already? | Sadly, it’s already time to check out from Wickwood … but wait! There’s so much more to do. No worries … leave your car in our lot and enjoy a few more hours downtown. Then, on your way home, just give us a call and schedule your fall getaway. Magnificent autumn colors and added adventures await!