Annual Fall Gallery Stroll Celebrates Its 42nd Year In Saugatuck Douglas
We can’t wait to introduce you to yet another fantastic event happening this fall in Saugatuck and Douglas: 42nd Annual Gallery Stroll | October 6 & 7.
Enjoy the best our autumn has to offer … warm days, crisp nights, fall color, and inspiring art! Dozens of local galleries throughout both towns will be featuring special exhibitions and demonstrations, live music and libations, and more for this festive weekend.
Featured Art Gallery Events: J. Petter Galleries
We’re especially excited about the events happening this year at J. Petter Galleries! And if you’re new to J. Petter, here’s some background:
- The Petter Art Gallery and the Petter Wine Gallery are both housed in the Historic River Guild Gallery Center … home to artists since the 1930’s.
- It was built by painter and architect, Carl Hoerman, as his studio. He was drawn to the area along with other Chicagoan artists because of the burgeoning art community. A large collection of his paintings can be found on the walls of the local Chemical bank in downtown Saugatuck.
- This 12,500 square foot building holds over 1000 pieces of art and over 400 varieties of wine!
- The Art Gallery features an eclectic collection of fine paintings, sculpture, glass, and more. Don’t miss out on the sculpture garden.
- The Wine Gallery has boutique wines and artful foods at both the wine shop and tasting bar. The wine gallery is also known for its private collection of unique cheeses and hand poured chocolates … they’re the best!
- Our favorite part? Visitors to Petter are encouraged to stroll through the gallery while enjoying a glass of wine from the tasting room. Fine art and fine wine? Yes, please!
It’s true. We love a visit to J. Petter Galleries ANY time of year!
While you’re visiting Petter for the Gallery Stroll, don’t miss out on Upscale Mercantile. Upscale Mercantile is a whimsical and delightful collection of vintage art and objects that’s sure to delight! Located on the same property in the historic barn with access via their front entry in the lower parking lot or through the J. Petter Galleries’ sculpture garden.
Fall Gallery Stroll at J. Petter Galleries
This year, we’re really looking forward to what Juli Petter and the team at the Galleries are putting together for Gallery Stroll.
On Saturday, October 6, from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., they’ll have live music by John Otto, and they’ll be featuring several of their well-curated artists:
- Ed Herbeck | Painter and Printmaker whose works are inspired by places imagined, remembered and lived
- Kirsten Barton | Painter who finds inspiration everywhere she travels as well as from the basement window of her studio
- James Griffin | Painter: “Every painting is a chunk of your life that in a way you somehow wrestled into paint.”
- Jeanne Rockett | Painter who captures nature with a traditional approach so all can enjoy its beauty.
- Norma Penchansky Glasser | Sculptress, freezing the transitory moments and the subtle variations in position and movement that a figure in dance finds in rehearsal and performance.
- Linda Rzoska | Painter, Sketch Artist, and Encaustic Painter inspired by her interest in nature, folklore, mythology and comparative religions, the work represents a sense of life with no limitations of space and time, a sharing of spirit, mind and heart, a spiritual recognition and belonging, a joining in an ancient and eternal way.
Harvest Dinner, Oct. 6, 2018 From 7-9pm At J. Petter Galleries
That same evening, from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m., J Petter will host a very special Harvest Dinner. This tented dinner will be hosted on the gorgeous lawn and will feature tastings from seven local restaurants and live plein aire paintings from the artists. This is a ticketed event with limited seating. so don’t delay.
Are You Staying At Wickwood That Weekend?
Gallery Stroll weekend reservations are disappearing fast! Don’t miss out. Reserve your guest room or suite at Wickwood Inn today!