Very Best Banana Cake
Posted on: April 8, 2015 | Posted in: Recipes
Very Best Banana Cake Recipe
The Very Best Banana Cake Recipe is its name. But, maybe we should call this recipe The Most Moist Banana Cake Ever, because that’s what makes this banana cake special. It’s super moist and super tasty. Great for a group, but don’t be daunted by the number of servings. We guarantee the slices will disappear quickly, or tuck a few into the freezer for another lucky day.
1 cup raisins (soaked in water for 1 hour)
2½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 stick butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 mashed bananas
2/3 cup sour cream
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour well a 10” Bundt pan. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, using a hand held mixer cream the butter, oils, and sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- By hand, fold in the sour cream, bananas and nuts. Then add the dry ingredients to the batter. Drain the raisins fold into the mixture.
- Place the batter in the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick tests clean. Cool banana cake slightly, invert onto a plate and sprinkle with Confectioner’s sugar.