Crispy Roasted Asparagus with Gremolata
Posted on: April 22, 2015 | Posted in: Recipes
We love roasted asparagus and prepare them often. Sometimes we sprinkle them with Parmesan shavings, or crumbled Roquefort as they come out of the oven, cheese melting as they’re transferred to serving dishes. This is a sure fire way to encourage you to roast asparagus — you’ll become a convert.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 pound medium-size asparagus, woody ends removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, halved crosswise, for garnish
- To prepare the gremolata: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl with a fork. Cover and set aside. (Makes ¼ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the asparagus in a roasting pan in a single layer, facing the same direction. Toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake on the center rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes longer. Remove to a serving dish and sprinkle roasted asparagus with the gremolata. Serve with the lemon halves.