Experience Your Sweet Saugatuck Romantic Getaway
A Sweet Romantic Weekend
There are so many unique things to do in Saugatuck. So, when Valentines Day is the Thursday before Presidents Day it creates a long weekend to enjoy. Have the time of your life on your even longer weekend! That is pretty sweet experience. Spend it at Wickwood Inn for a LOVEly romantic weekend getaway in Saugatuck.
You often remember your favorite places it by the food you ate or wine you drank, right? To make your romantic getaway to Saugatuck the best it can be we want you to experience the best Saugatuck has to offer! That’s why we put together our list of the best restaurants in Saugatuck to eat and dine!
A Sweet Stay At Wickwood
Wickwood is known for being a haven for food lovers. You often remember your favorite places it by the food you ate or wine you drank, right? To make your romantic getaway to Saugatuck the best it can be we want you to experience the best Saugatuck has to offer! That’s why we curate our list of the best restaurants in Saugatuck! That’s why we meet you at the door with something delicious. When you arrive at Wickwood Inn for your greatly anticipated Valentines weekend romantic getaway to Saugatuck, we greet you with roses, champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. We can sweeten the experience even more during your weekend getaway to Saugatuck with bubbles and chocolates, massages, or fresh flowers. On your arrival, things start off on the right “sweet foot”!
“A loving heart is truest wisdom.”
~ Charles Dickens
Settle in to your room, with all the extra luxuries we talked about in an earlier blog post, and then head out to discover all the sweet experiences in Saugatuck! Nestled in this breathtaking scenery near Lake Michigan, is our charming and vibrant downtown Saugatuck, full of unique boutiques, pubs, cafés, galleries, restaurants, and gardens.
A Sweet Saugatuck Experience
Since there are so many wonderful romantic things to do in Saugatuck, Michigan, we have a bucket list to help you plan your long weekend getaway. And, for even more things to do in Saugatuck, see Wickwood’s Events Calendar.
- Our farm-to-table breakfasts are full of sweets from our Sugar & Spice Popovers, Pecan Sticky Buns, Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake, Asparagus & Chèvre Frittata, Glazed Apple Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce, Raspberry Bismarcks. Be sure to try something new every morning, and then tell us which one is your favorite!
- Pop in to locals’ favorite Phil’s Bar & Grille for their mouthwatering Crème Brulee.
- Stop for lunch at Farmhouse Deli in Douglas and enjoy a cup of Love Buzz coffee. This full-service deli is dedicated to local delectables so be sure to choose a sandwich that features our Michigan cheeses!
- Order a selection of your very own local Patricia’s Chocolates from us at Wickwood Inn.
- Borrowed Time creates a special 3-course dining experience (menu yet to be released) from February 11-16 in The Loft for Valentines Week.
- Check out the special long weekend menus at all of our favorite Saugatuck restaurants from Bowdies, Coast 236, Clearbrook, The Southerner, Lucy’s, Phil’s Bar & Grille, Everyday People’s Café and many more locally and proudly owned cafes and restaurants.
- Don’t miss our daily Sips & Small Plates hour at Wickwood Inn at 6pm. Be dazzled by our Charcuterie Board filled with our own house made cheeses, chutney, herbed olives, and hand-crafted salumis. This is often our guests’ favourite time at the Inn, so be sure to take this “in”!
THE ARTS & MUSIC
- A terrific rustic eatery in town, Salt of the Earth, has live music on February 13 and 17, ranging from $15-25 cover charge. We personally love their wood-fired pizza and friendly service!
- Look for a good laugh at Coral Gables Comedy Club, featuring stand-up comedian, Bryan Cork, on Saturday, February 16 for just $10.
- American Style Magazine rates Saugatuck “One of the top five art towns in America”, so head on over to the Saugatuck Center for the Arts and enjoy a multimedia album release party on February 15 at 7pm as Strapping Owl releases their latest album, Live Wire Soul with a mix of electric-blues, funk, jazz, and soul.
- Visit J. Petter Galleries for an afternoon fine art and fine wine experience. Love art? Love wine? This is the perfect marriage of the two under one roof! Enjoy the landscape paintings of Kathleen Chaney-Fritz, or the architecture inspired art of Irena Saparnis.
- Enjoy the Water Street Gallery as it reopens for weekends. The current exhibition will be “Town and Country” showcasing the best of both worlds! You can walk around the gallery reminiscing about where you came from, all that you love about it and how it made you the person you are today!
- We have so many antique shops to discover in our area! See how many antique stores you can hit up and snag something “sweet” to take home! Check out our great local antique markets and stores in Saugatuck/Douglas and Fennville and don’t miss the 20% sale at Saugatuck Antique Pavilion!
- Peruse local boutique shops for sales and special offerings like Kindel & Co. Lifestyle Mercantile.
THE CRAFT DRINKS
- In case you didn’t know, Saugatuck is well known for our fantastic breweries and cider houses. Maybe the two of you love a good beer more than wine and you’d love to see how that craft beer is brewed? The Saugatuck Brewing Company hosts free tours every Saturday at 2pm with a beer sampling and tour of the production facility. As it’s a first come first serve basis, be sure to book ahead!
- Experience an old English tradition and thank the trees for their bountiful offerings at the annual Wassail at Virtue Cider. On Saturday, February 16 from 12pm-7pm, take part in blessing the trees for the orchard harvest they provide. Expect bonfires, live music, a lot of good food and a great cider celebration!
- Arrange for a winery tour at Fenn Valley Vineyards on Saturday, February 16 and find a new favorite local wine. Save at least two hours for this amazing experience.
- Crane’s Pie Pantry & Winery is hosting a Cider Maker’s Dinner on February 16 for an amazing wine & food pairing experience.
- Taste the craft beers, wine, cider, liqueurs and cocktails around town using the Wickwood Inn Craft Drinks Trail Map. These are all within 15 minutes of the Inn. Some are even walking distance. Probably, this creates another bucket list, but setting this goal higher is a sweet thing!
Make the most of this long weekend getaway! Start checking items off of this ‘bucket list’ now. Reserve your romantic fireplace suite at Wickwood Inn for the sweetest and longest Valentine’s weekend getaway ever. Give us a call at 269-857-1465 and let the romance begin!