Fenn Valley Winery | Local Wine Tastings & Vineyard Tours
Nearby Fenn Valley has one of the prettiest properties around Saugatuck for Wickwood Inn guests to visit. Recently we published a blog featuring our local brewery: Saugatuck Brewing Company. In that blog, we talked about how the village of Saugatuck is the perfect size. It’s easy to get around and enjoy all that our area has to offer. Full of artists and other creatives, Saugatuck has more going on than you can possibly explore if you’re only visiting us for a few days … there are 23 Craft Tasting Rooms within 10 miles of Wickwood! A fall visit to Saugatuck and Wickwood Inn is the perfect time to explore another gem in the area — our local winery, Fenn Valley. Established in 1973, Fenn Valley is a 240 acre, family owned and operated vineyard.
“Where there is no wine, there is no love.”
We could tell you lots about the ongoing evolution of the grapes, the production, and the 3rd generation of the family running the business … but we’d rather focus on all things festive that are happening at Fenn Valley.
This vineyard knows how to throw a party!
Of course, the best place to get started is in the tasting room — open year round for tastings or full glasses of wine. However, the excitement at Fenn Valley moves way beyond that.
Fall is our favorite time of year to tour the vineyards. What’s not to love about a comfortable wagon ride through the idyllic grapes … all the while learning and tasting? This is a delightful way to become better acquainted with the premium grapes and the processes being utilized at Fenn Valley (FV).
Next, there’s the sizzling array of special events held throughout the year at FV.
- Vine Wine’d Trail Run | The most unique race of the season! Scenic 10K, 5K, or 1 mile tour through the grapes and the surrounding farm. There’s no better way to see the diverse beauty of this property.
- Winemaker’s Dinners | These special events start with sparkling wine and cheese followed by a coursed dinner paired with wine. An elaborate evening you won’t soon forget!
- Girls’ Afternoon Out | A great way to be entertained while learning some culinary skills from local celeb chef, Christine Ferris.
- Nouveau Fest | Be there when FV introduces the first wine from the vintage. Taste the newest wines in their infancy while enjoying food and fun in the cellar.
- Sip & Shop | This artisan and craft market is a great way to find unique gifts for all those on your list. Sip a glass of wine or cider while you peruse the handmade local wares.
- Chili Cookoff | Prepare to warm yourself for winter with a huge collection of tasty chilies. This is the wine lovers potluck you don’t want to miss!
- Saturday Night Cellar Dance | Wine by the glass, local food, and live music … all in the comfort of the production wine cellar!
- Lunch Wine the Winemaker | A scaled back version of the Winemaker’s Dinner. 3 courses of gourmet food paired with wines. Perfect for those who have plans later that night!
“Wine is sunlight, held together by water.”
~ Galileo Galilei
Enjoy all that Fenn Valley has to offer … a wide selection of wines for every palate (sparkling, white, fruit wine, red, and specialty wines such as Classic Port and Ice Wine), and special events that just might become a highlight of your Saugatuck getaway.
Of course, your stay at Wickwood also includes complimentary Farm to Table Brunch, Evening Sips & Small Plates, and Sweets & Treats throughout your stay. Bringing great people together for good food is what we do. Life. Is. Good. Here!
Join us! Reserve your guest room or suite today.