Visit Holland Michigan On Your Day Trip From Wickwood Inn
Holland Is A Great Place To Spend A Day
Holland, Michigan is a fun day trip when you stay at Wickwood Inn bed and breakfast. Wickwood’s heart of downtown Saugatuck is the perfect location. With our very own, off-street parking lot (complimentary, of course!) everything is easy and accessible. Walk. Bike. Jog. Paddle. You are near all things to do around town. But, our nearby towns are also a great place to visit when you extend your stay. You can take full advantage of what this area has to offer by venturing on to nearby towns. Holland, our neighbor to the north, offers splendid shopping, dining, brewery hopping and so much more.
Here’s an overview of a few of our favorite stops!
Holland, Michigan Things To Do
- Shopping downtown 8th St. | Shopping in Downtown Holland is always a delight. There are exciting special events throughout the seasons, and with the snow-melt system, the sidewalks are clear and dry all year round. A few of our favorite shops include …The Peanut Store: the best old-fashioned candy store; Reader’s World: an independently owned and much beloved book store; The Globe: innovative eyeglasses for every mood and style; The Outpost: Midwest’s premier outdoor retailer; Tikal:unique fashion boutique with large selection of jewelry and accessories; Glad Rags: upscale contemporary clothing with an emphasis on menswear; Studio K:fabulous fashion for women; JB&Me: catering to stylish women of all ages; Gazelle Sports: retail excellence for a healthy lifestyle; Butch’s Dry Dock| if you need a great bottle of wine, beer, or cider for your picnic, evening sunset, or romantic night back at Wickwood Inn, Butch’s has exactly what you are looking for.
- Holland Farmers Market| A favorite with local and visitors, this 8th market is the best for all things good. Enjoy the expansive array of fresh foods, flowers, and specialty goods. If you’re visiting during the holidays, enjoy the winterKerstmarkt. This pop-up Christmas market is fun for all who are in the Christmas spirit.
- Knickerbocker Theater| Built in 1911 in the heart of downtown Holland, this theater offers a wide range of cultural offerings. See lectures, art films, concerts, musical and stage performances.
- Sperry’s Movie House | The perfect place to watch your next movie is in this boutique movie theater with a modern, clean design. There are reclining seats with different massage and heat settings. Plus, patrons can order food delivery to their seat from a restaurant on the second floor.
“ When people ask me if I went to film school, I tell them, ‘No, I went to films.’ ”
~ Quentin Tarantino
- Jack H Miller Center for Musical Arts | Discover a 64,000-square-foot complex that houses an 800-seat concert hall with impressive acoustics and comfortable seating.
- Hope Summer Repertory Theater | Currently in its 48th season, this is West Michigan’s premier professional theater in downtown Holland.
- Holland Area Arts Council| For over 50 years, the Arts Council is a building where kids, grownups, families and artists of all ages come to experience art. Find always-changing exhibitions, a variety of classes, camps and workshops for all ages. Discover Holland area artists and music events, public art projects and arts resources.
- Holland State Park Beach | This Holland beach is best known for sugar sand beaches and beautiful sunsets. Don’t miss the views of the iconic “Big Red” lighthouse.
- Windmill Island Gardens | Tour a municipal park home to the 251-year-old windmill De Zwaan. It’s the only authentic, working Dutch windmill in the United States.
- Brewery Hopping | When you’re feeling thirsty, there’s no shortage of options for a beer in downtown Holland. Try New Holland Brewing, Big Lake Brewing, Hops at 84 East, Hopcat, and Brewery 4 Two 4.
- Coppercraft Distillery| New American craft spirits, distilled and blended in the traditional way, with grain, water, oak and time. If you need a bite to eat, there’s also a full restaurant!
- Dining | Butch’s Dry Dockoffers formal dining in the front and casual pub seating in back, plus an outdoor deck. Butch’s serves farm fresh foods and amazing beer, wine, and craft cocktails. 76specializes in classic dishes from the best ingredients, representing the melting pot of modern American cuisine. Mizu Sushiis a modern eatery for sashimi, udon noodles & other Japanese specialties, plus Korean entrees. Boatwerks, Holland’s only waterfront restaurant with expansive patios, offers a variety of New American fare.
Return For Wickwood’s Sips & Small Plates
Enjoy all that Holland, Michigan has to offer and be sure and return to downtown Saugatuck by 6. That’s just in time for Wickwood Inn’s Sips and Small Plates appetizer social hour. Enjoy your complimentary gourmet hors d’oeuvres and trade stories with fellow guests. You never know…you might hear of a new place to explore tomorrow!