Rainy Day Things To Do In Saugatuck MI
Our Favorite Rainy Day Things To Do During Your Saugatuck Getaway For A Perfect Vacation Experience
A rainy day in Saugatuck is just another opportunity for a new experience! After an impressively long stretch of sparkly sunshine and bright blue skies, we recently woke up and realized Mother Nature was in a different mood. That’s right. Rain. Perhaps you had planned on leisurely lounging the day away on the singing sands of Oval Beach … so what to do now? No worries! There is so much to explore and do on a rainy day in Saugatuck; all you need to do is make a little mental adjustment. Instead of sun and sand, you can now have shopping, and art galleries, and museums. Take a yoga class. Hit the gym. Tour the brewery. Or a winery. Taste flights of beer, wine, and cider. Go antiquing. Find that perfect vintage piece. Or, perhaps the best ever option … curl up with a book, connect with the one you love, sip a bottle of wine, lose track of time, and luxuriate all day never leaving Wickwood Inn!
“Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.”
~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
The Ultimate List Of Things To Do In Saugatuck When It Rains
Here’s a few highlights of how you celebrate a rainy day in Saugatuck!
- Visit one of our more than 30 artist galleries and studios | Featuring local artists and art from around the world, on a rainy day Saugatuck’s award-winning art scene deserves in-depth exploration. Be sure and visit Water Street Gallery, J.Petter Galleries, Peachbelt Studio, Jeff Blandford Gallery, and the James Brandess Gallery. Go visit Marcia Perry at The Ark and talk with her about her amazing wood sculptures. Or, decorate your own mug, bowl, or plate at Express Yourself Art Barn.
- Shop the unique boutiques and stores of downtown Saugatuck & Douglas | The shopping in Saugatuck is wonderful. No big box stores where everything begins to look the same. Instead, the stores in Saugatuck and Douglas are well-curated, fun, eclectic, sophisticated, and always interesting. Be sure and explore the well-curated, amazing finds at Good Goods. Find the perfect bottle of wine at Wine Sellers. Maybe it’s time for some new shoes from For The Love of Shoes. Landsharks has everything you need to be both comfortable and stylish in any outdoor weather.
- On a rainy day, search for vintage treasures at our West Michigan Antique stores | You never know what you’re going to find when you explore the shops in the Saugatuck area. Be sure and save enough time for the 24,000 square feet and more than 175 dealers at the Saugatuck Antique Pavilion. But don’t miss out on some of the smaller scale gems around town, starting with Upscale Mercantile!
- Stay fit and feeling good | Stroll across the street and take a yoga class, or two, in downtown Saugatuck at Satya. Walk-ins are always welcome, and all equipment is available at no extra charge. Or, buy a day pass at the gym. Blue Star Community Gym and Snap Fitness have everything you need.
- Get off the beaten path | Head to Evergreen Lane Farm & Creamery to taste your way through their amazing selection of goat, cow, and sheep milk cheeses. Or, visit the Historical Society and the Pump House Museum and immerse yourself in the history of Saugatuck.
“When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles!”
- Indulge in a manicure, pedicure, or massage | Why not add a little extra pamper to the day? Let one of our knowledgeable innkeepers help you determine what Saugatuck salon is best and help schedule you an appointment. Or, why order a fully customized in-room massage during your stay at Wickwood Inn? Simply visit the Surprises & Treats page of our website to explore everything we offer. Pamper the day away!
- Take the edge off by sampling some of the local craft beverages| Visit a brewery, cider house, or winery. Taste and tour at Fenn Valley Winery, Saugatuck Brewery, and Virtue Cider. Enjoy the covered patio and sip a flight at Modales. Enjoy a pint and grab a growler from Waypost or Guardian Brewing. Have a slice of pie, or a cider donut, and glass of wine or cider at Crane’s Orchards … filled with farm antiques. Or, take time to create your own craft brew at Saugatuck Brewing. When you’re ready for a pick-me-up, try a locally roasted coffee at Uncommon Coffee Roasters in downtown Saugatuck.
- Our hottest tip for how to spend a rainy day in Saugatuck? Never. Leave. The Inn. | When is the last time you had no where you had to be and nothing you HAD to do? I know, right? Why not allow time to be the greatest of luxuries. We have everything you need right here at Wickwood Inn. So go ahead. We dare you. Take a day just for yourself … you’ve earned it.
The Best Thing To Do On A Rainy Day In Saugatuck Is…Stay At Wickwood Inn!
There are so many things to do on a rainy day in Saugatuck! So, no more worries about the weather when you arrive. Rain or shine, let the innkeepers at Wickwood Inn host your next great getaway! Reserve your extended stay at Wickwood Inn today!