Covid Updates For Wickwood Inn
“Life is about learning to dance in the rain.” – V. Greene
We’re overjoyed to now welcome guests back to Wickwood again. We pride ourselves on our deep caring approach to guest service; and that commitment is even stronger today. As we move forward together, the safety and well-being of our guests are of utmost importance. Please know that we will actively add new Covid updates, as our protocols for Covid–19 continue to evolve.
- Our check-in time is 4 – 7 pm and our check-out time is 11am. Please email with your specific arrival time so we can avoid any unnecessary crowding upon arrival. In order to allow enough time to complete our advanced sanitation procedure in each room, no early check-in or late check-out requests will be granted.
- Check-in will be streamlined with balances run on the evening prior to your arrival and your room keys in your room to allow for contactless check-in and check-out. If you need to update the credit card on file, we ask that you do so prior to your arrival. The front door now has a keypad for entrance.
- We have a comprehensive plan in place to address the spread of COVID-19 that follows the guidelines and protocols from the CDC, WHO, the State of Michigan and our local agencies. The plan includes increased cleaning and sanitation with EPA-approved products, limiting guest to staff and guest to guest interaction, physical distancing indoors and out, and the wearing of masks and PPE in all Common Areas.
- Some of our most important Covid updates include the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces including outdoor areas with extra attention paid to high-touch items.
- All staff members will receive safety and facility sanitation training following CDC guidelines. There will be a daily health screening of all staff members reporting for work. Anyone with a fever or showing signs of illness will not be allowed to work. All employees and guests will wear face masks.
- Housekeepers will not access an occupied guest room until after the guest checks out. Each room will be stocked with extra towels and extra in-room amenities. Between each guest stay all rooms will be deep cleaned, all towels and linens will be cleaned and sanitized. All hard surfaces will be disinfected and sanitized. We are following strict cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing protocols, including using UV ionizers and EPA-approved products.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in guest rooms and all public spaces throughout the property.
- Air Filter & HVAC Cleaning: The frequency of air filter replacement has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Breakfast service is now at two seating times: 8:30 and 9:30 in the Garden Room or under the red umbrellas on our Back Porch while the weather continues to be wonderful. Please indicate your preferred time upon check-in. Our Back Porch, screened Gazebo, gardens and Arbor are perfect places for relaxing while social distancing.
- Beach Towels will be available and thoroughly disinfected between each use.
- Our town is coming together with ideas, activities, and cleaning protocols that will keep everyone who lives, works or visits Saugatuck safe, with an initiative called Art Coast Safe.
- As food service in Michigan has limitations, many local restaurants now offer Take-Out, Outdoor Dining and Limited Indoor Seating. Reservations may be necessary. Each restaurant has established their own procedures.
- The Beaches, Breweries, Wineries, Cideries and Tasting Rooms are now open with beautiful outdoor seating.
- Galleries, boutiques and salons are open and the SCA has special outdoor concerts.
- Farms and Farmers’ Markets are full of fresh, local produce; the berries are ripe, and peaches and apples are not far behind.
- Saugatuck is located amidst numerous waterways, Lake Michigan, Lake Kalamazoo, The Lagoon, and The Kalamazoo River all offering opportunities for sailing, kayaking, canoeing, motor boating, tours, and sunset cruises. Our country roads and shoreline are perfect for biking.
This Covid Updates page will change periodically as our world and protocols evolve.
We thank all of our guests in advance for adhering to these guidelines and for being accepting and patient while we navigate this process together. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most of all, we want you to feel safe and secure while you create new memories together during your visit to Wickwood Inn. We look forward to seeing you soon!!
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius