A Romantic Getaway For The Holidays Is The Perfect Escape
Get Away For A Little Holiday Romance!
A great start to your Getaway For The Holidays is to phone Wickwood Inn. This is your chance to plan some time away from the hustle and bustle of a hectic holiday. It’s important to take time for just you two. But what makes for a great, romantic getaway for the holidays? And where should you go to getaway from it all? While still having it all? A romantic holiday getaway needs to strike the right balance between festivity and serenity. There should be joy in the air, an abundance of pampering, and options for absolute indulgence. Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan checks all of the boxes.
Holiday Foods, Sparkling Decor & More!
Wickwood Inn is aglow in decorations for the season with Christmas Trees loaded with ornaments from around the world in every room. Every room and suite is completely unique, so for your getaway for the holidays, find the one that fits your mood. The pampering begins the moment you arrive. Complimentary off-street parking in the heart of historical downtown Saugatuck? Doesn’t get much simpler than that. Of course, you’ll also enjoy fresh flowers, fine art, and the entire Inn smells of fresh pine and cinnamon. Our magnificent array of complimentary food, wine, juice, tea, coffee, and water is our signature amenity. We love bringing great people together for good food, and there’s no better time to celebrate than during the holidays.
Your romantic getaway for the holidays begins with a feast of just-out-of-the-oven Sweets. As evening arrives, we gather for Sips & Small Plates. Every new day is greeted with our Farm to Table Breakfast. Each bite is full of so much creativity, you can taste the excitement! Our Traditional Holiday tastes delight with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, chocolate and oranges in the air. The inn offers space to gather or get away from it all. Meet new friends while you relax and dine … or, curl up together and get cozy by a roaring fire. Make a list of people and moments you’re grateful for and share by the fireside. Reflect on moments of growth and success throughout the year. Write thank you notes to people who helped you along the way. Curl up with your favorite book.
“It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas.”
~ Charles Dickens
A Small Town Saugatuck Christmas
From mid-November through the New Year, Saugatuck sparkles with the spirit of an old-fashioned Christmas. You can’t help but catch the joy of the season. Snowflakes twinkle throughout downtown. The streets bustle as buggy rides transport shoppers. Dickens’ Christmas Carol players entertain. Festivity is in the air as all of our unique shops brim with artisan-crafted gifts. Fireworks over Lake Kalamazoo greet the New Year at midnight.
“Saugatuck paints a picture perfect old fashioned Holiday Season.”
~ Grand Rapids Press
Holiday Things To Do In Saugatuck, Michigan
- Harvest Celebration Dinner or Noveau Fest at Fenn Valley Vineyards | The Harvest Celebration wine pairing dinner is an evening to remember and sells out quickly, so get excited and get your tickets today. Or, celebrate the first wine of the new vintage. 2019 will mark the 29th Annual event to commemorate this special occasion.
- Holidart Gallery Opening at Water Street Gallery | Play the coolest art game in town. Throw a dart – win some art! Nearly 100 works of art available for $250 each.
- Carols And Cuvee at J.Petter Galleries | Sip wine and listen to the live music of the Holiday Jazz Trio as they sing your favorite holiday songs. J. Petter has more than 12,500 of gallery space and features over 400 wines. Can’t make it for Carols And Cuvee? Ask us to schedule a private wine tasting for two.
- Tour the Saugatuck Brewery & Brew Your Own Beer | Take a tour of Saugatuck’s original local brewery and then be the brewmaster for your own batch of beer!
- Get outdoors and celebrate this winter wonderland! | The Saugatuck Dunes State Park is the perfect place to hike, snowshoe, or cross country ski. The winding trails and towering dunes make for a stunning adventure. Or, take advantage of the wide open, award-winning Oval Beach. You can walk the trails, stroll along the beach, or stay in your car and marvel at the big waves. Insiders Tip: Sunsets this time of year can be spectacular!
- Indulge In An Entire Day Of Pampering | Start the day off with a relaxing massage in your room or an invigorating yoga class at Satya across the street. Afterwards, linger over a long lunch at Pennyroyal Cafe & Provisions. And don’t forget to checkout their selection of fresh house-baked pastries. Return to Wickwood Inn for your in-room massages. Wander down to our guests’ favorite hour of the day, Sips & Small Plates happy hour. Stroll down the street for a romantic dinner at Bowdie’s Chophouse. Continue on to experience live music or dancing around town. Or, enjoy a quiet stroll on your return to the comfort of Wickwood Inn. Champagne or chocolate-dipped strawberries can be waiting for you, if you ask us.
Let Your Getaway For The Holidays Begin With One Phone Call
Of course, this is just the beginning of what’s possible during your romantic getaway for the holidays to Wickwood Inn. Our innkeepers are experts on what’s happening all over town and happily assist you in any way. Take time this holiday season to truly connect with the on you love the most. Reserve your stay at Wickwood Inn online today. Or, phone our Inn at 269-857-1465 to book directly with our friendly innkeepers at the bed and breakfast.