A Romantic Getaway For The Holidays Is The Perfect Escape
Get Away For A Little Holiday Romance!
A great start to your Getaway For The Holidays is to phone Wickwood Inn. This is your chance to plan some time away from the hustle and bustle of a hectic holiday. It’s important to take time for just you two. But what makes for a great, romantic getaway for the holidays? And where should you go to getaway from it all? While still having it all? A romantic holiday getaway needs to strike the right balance between festivity and serenity. There should be joy in the air, an abundance of pampering, and options for absolute indulgence. Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan checks all of the boxes.
Holiday Foods, Sparkling Decor & More!
Wickwood Inn is aglow in decorations for the season with Christmas Trees loaded with ornaments from around the world in every room. Every room and suite is completely unique, so for your getaway for the holidays, find the one that fits your mood. The pampering begins the moment you arrive. Complimentary off-street parking in the heart of historical downtown Saugatuck? Doesn’t get much simpler than that. Of course, you’ll also enjoy fresh flowers, fine art, and the entire Inn smells of fresh pine and cinnamon. Our magnificent array of complimentary food, wine, juice, tea, coffee, and water is our signature amenity. We love bringing great people together for good food, and there’s no better time to celebrate than during the holidays.
Your romantic getaway for the holidays begins with a feast of just-out-of-the-oven Sweets. As evening arrives, we gather for Sips & Small Plates. Every new day is greeted with our Farm to Table Breakfast. Each bite is full of so much creativity, you can taste the excitement! Our Traditional Holiday tastes delight with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, chocolate and oranges in the air. The inn offers space to gather or get away from it all. Meet new friends while you relax and dine … or, curl up together and get cozy by a roaring fire. Make a list of people and moments you’re grateful for and share by the fireside. Reflect on moments of growth and success throughout the year. Write thank you notes to people who helped you along the way. Curl up with your favorite book.
“It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas.”
~ Charles Dickens
A Small Town Saugatuck Christmas
From mid-November through the New Year, Saugatuck sparkles with the spirit of an old-fashioned Christmas. You can’t help but catch the joy of the season. Snowflakes twinkle throughout downtown. The streets bustle as buggy rides transport shoppers. Dickens’ Christmas Carol players entertain. Festivity is in the air as all of our unique shops brim with artisan-crafted gifts. Fireworks over Lake Kalamazoo greet the New Year at midnight.
“Saugatuck paints a picture perfect old fashioned Holiday Season.”
~ Grand Rapids Press
Holiday Things To Do In Saugatuck, Michigan
- Private Igloo Wine Tastings at Fenn Valley Vineyards | Get romantic and cozy up to your loved one in your own Private Igloo in the vineyards! Complete with fresh linens, blankets for warmth plus your choice of wines, ciders and delicious charcuterie plates. Reserve now to be sure this is an experience you do not miss.
- Sip And Shop at Fenn Valley Vineyards | Enjoy twenty local vendors offering one-of-a-kind West Michigan hand crafted gifts. Sip wines and ciders and take advantage of Fenn Valley’s special offers during this annual festive wine tasting event.
- Tour Virtue Cider | Tour Virtue Cider Farm and learn about their French Farmhouse ways of making hard cider. This working farm has the cidery, orchards, farm animals and more. Before you go, reserve your tour plus a table in one of their private igloos for lunch in the farm yard.
- Holidart Gallery Opening at Water Street Gallery | Play the coolest art game in town. Throw a dart – win some art! Plus, this longtime area gallery is a beautiful place to shop for the Holidays.
- Carols And Cuvee at J.Petter Galleries | Sip wine and listen to the live music of the Holiday Jazz Trio as they sing your favorite holiday songs. J. Petter has more than 12,500 of gallery space (perfect for social distancing) and features over 400 wines. Can’t make it for Carols And Cuvee? Ask us to schedule a private wine tasting for two.
- Beer Tasting At The Saugatuck Brewing Company | Have a taste of Saugatuck’s original local brewery and bring it home with you, too! Plus, there are lots of Saugatuck Brewing gifts for the beer lover on your holidays list.
- Felt Estate Mansion Holiday Tours | 25 Christmas Trees and over 5,000 lights brighten this annual holiday tour at Saugatuck’s historic Felt Estate. The one hour, self-guided tour is a wonderful, memorable holiday experience.
- Get outdoors and celebrate this winter wonderland! | The Saugatuck Dunes State Park is the perfect place to hike, snowshoe, or cross country ski. The winding trails and towering dunes make for a stunning adventure. Or, take advantage of the wide open, award-winning Oval Beach. You can walk the trails, stroll along the beach, or stay in your car and marvel at the big waves. Insiders Tip: Sunsets this time of year are spectacular!
- The Greatest Holiday Shopping Is Shopping Small | Shop Small is an annual sponsored event with Saugatuck’s countless unique shops and galleries offering one-of-a-kind gifts, prizes and delights! Supporting small businesses and specialty gift shopping combines for a festive Saugatuck holiday experience.
- Holiday Markets At The Saugatuck Center For The Arts | Winter’s Eve Markets and the Annual Holiday Market are your chances to get in the holiday spirit with craft cocktails complete with a selfie-inviting Winter theme designer bar, many art and fine-craft vendors inside and outdoors, plus cool live music and tasty snacks!
- Saugatuck’s Annual Christmas Celebration, Parade, Tree Lighting & More | Start the holidays off with Saugatuck’s Annual Christmas Parade. Dressed in their favorite Whoville characters (you’re invited to join!), merrymakers parade through a very festively decorated downtown Saugatuck along with floats, bands and performing groups. The post parade celebration includes Santa’s Workshop, tree decorating, music and refreshments. Plus, holiday shopping all day, free carriage rides and our village’s beautiful Tree Lighting Ceremony in the evening.
- Pamper Yourselves With A Wickwood Stay | Start the day with Wickwood’s Signature Farm To Table Breakfast. Then take a leisurely ride down our country roads and discover Virtue Cider Farm, Fenn Valley and Modales Vineyards and more. After exploring the countryside, linger over a long lunch in the heated, covered outdoor area at Pennyroyal Cafe & Provisions. And don’t forget to checkout their selection of fresh house-baked pastries. Then, return your car to Wickwood’s private parking and spend time leisurely strolling through the downtown Saugatuck shops, galleries and the SCA. Wander along Butler Street for a romantic dinner at Bowdie’s Chophouse in the evening. Continue on to experience live music around town. Or, enjoy a quiet stroll along the river on your return to the comfort of Wickwood Inn and a seat by the fire. Champagne or chocolate-dipped strawberries can be waiting for you, if you ask us.
Let Your Getaway For The Holidays Begin With One Phone Call
Of course, this is just the beginning of what’s possible during your romantic getaway for the holidays to Wickwood Inn. Our innkeepers are experts on what’s happening all over town and happily assist you in any way. Take time this holiday season to truly connect with the on you love the most. Reserve your stay at Wickwood Inn online today. Or, phone our Inn at 269-857-1465 to book directly with our friendly innkeepers at the bed and breakfast.