Romantic Winter Getaway
Every couple deserves an opportunity to getaway from it all. But what makes for a great, romantic getaway? And where should you go to getaway from it all? A romantic winter getaway needs to strike the right balance between adventure and ease. There should be energy in the air, an abundance of pampering, and options for absolute indulgence. Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan checks all of the boxes.
When you reserve a room at Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck during January or February, it means you are in for something truly special.
There’s no better place to relax, unwind, reconnect, and be pampered.
Pull up a chair by a roaring fireplace. Hit the trails at the Saugatuck Dunes State Park on snow shoes or cross country skis. Let all your worries melt away during a LaStone massage. Stretch yourself at Satya Yoga. Brew a batch of your own beer at Saugatuck Brewing and name it after yourselves. Stroll through our more than 30 art galleries and have a professional sketch you both. Enjoy an exclusive wine tasting at Petter Wine Gallery. Walk in to any of our favorite area restaurants like Bowdies, The Southerner, Pennyroyal, EPC, and Phil’s. Explore the specialty shops of downtown Holland where the sidewalks are magically clear of snow or ice.
Or, never leave the Inn. Read. Taste the flavors of our farm to table gourmet champagne brunch. Play a game of backgammon. Have an in-room massage. Share the cheer during evening Sips & Small Plates. Warm yourself by the roaring fireplace. Delight in a freshly baked brownie bite. Schedule a private Pilates session. Write love poems to one another and share aloud over a bottle of champagne.
No matter how you spend your time in Saugatuck, your Winter getaway to Wickwood will make magic.
Here’s a few of our favorite ways to spend a day in Saugatuck’s Winter Wonderland!
- Get outdoors! | Okay, truth. There are times when the weather outside does look a little frightful. But, there’s something so invigorating about just getting out there! The Saugatuck Dunes State Park is the perfect place to reset and reconnect with nature … no matter what Mother Nature has in store. The towering dunes and trees provide a layer of protection. The views of Lake Michigan always take our breath away. And, we love that there are options. At the State Park it’s easy to hike, snow shoe, or cross country ski. Maybe become a kid again and slide down a giant dune. You decide. We promise, you’ll feel better afterwards.
- Stroll across the street for Yoga | Maybe you have a dedicated daily practice, or maybe you haven’t done yoga in years. It doesn’t matter. The studio just across the street, Satya, is the perfect place. There are classes at a variety of levels seven days a week. Walk-ins are always welcome and the studio has everything you need at no extra charge. The instructors are well-trained and always glad to see you. There’s no better way to start the day.
- Reward yourself with a private tasting | Allow us to arrange a private tasting for two at J. Petter Galleries and wine bar. With over 12,000 square feet of gallery space and more than 400 boutique retail wines, J. Petter is the perfect place to relax and be inspired. All wines are from small, independent vineyards that cherish their terroir as much as their varietals and wine making traditions. This exclusive tasting is like taking a trip to some of the world’s best vineyards with a learned guide. A rare experience and one you will love. If bottle to branch cider is more your jam, we’ll arrange a private tasting at Virtue Farms. Just one sip and you’ll be able to taste Virtue’s talent for using both European and American methods, along with new and traditional techniques of blending and barrel aging. Their approach uses a wide variety of heirloom apples, all grown close to home. You’re welcome.
- Shop unique stores, boutiques, galleries, and antique shops | Step right outside the front door of Wickwood Inn and into the amazing retail therapy of downtown Saugatuck. You’ll immediately notice the absence of big-box stores. That means you’ll enjoy finding one-of-a-kind items everywhere. Be sure and save time for GoodGoods, Renuar, Chantel, Landsharks, The Butler Pantry, Wine Sellers, Jeff Blandford Gallery, and the James Brandess Gallery. Craving even more fantastic shopping? Take a short drive north to the neighboring town of Holland. They have so many places we love (The Peanut Store, Readers World, The Globe, Butch’s, Outpost, Studio K, GladRags, and more!), and their snow-melt system keeps the walkways clear and dry.
- Indulge in a fully customized in-room massage | Wickwood Inn offers a wide range of massages and facials with various tempting herbals and oils. Our highly trained Massage Therapists will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Chose from Wickwood’s Signature, Swedish, Hot Stone, or Energy Work massage. Every muscle in body will thank you.
- Our favorite way to spend a winter day? Completely lose track of time and never leave the inn. That’s right! Wickwood Inn has everything you need. Amazing food. Lovely setting featuring fine art and fresh flowers. Books. Games. High speed WiFi. Roaring fireplace. Plenty of places to gather or getaway from it all. Knowledgeable innkeepers who know how to pamper without ever intruding.
Come and experience the wonders of winter in West Michigan. Join us for a romantic winter getaway at Wickwood Inn!