Saugatuck Douglas 42nd Annual Fall Gallery Stroll: Part II
The Fall Gallery Stroll Continues Just Across The Bridge
The Annual Fall Gallery Stroll in Douglas is the other half of our exciting fall art event. Across the Kalamazoo in the neighboring towns of Douglas and beyond, galleries open their doors. We feature J. Petters Galleries, Waterstreet Gallery, and Button Gallery. But, all the galleries we list below offer unique art in creative settings. This is a beautiful event. So, reserve your room soon. That way you can join fellow art lovers at the Wickwood Inn for a weekend celebrating beauty in all its forms.
The Many Galleries In Douglas & Beyond On The Fall Gallery Stroll
J Petters Gallery, Fine Art and Wine
The J Petters Gallery features artists for this year’s Fall Gallery Stroll who embrace the theme, Spatlese. It comes from the old German word, meaning Late Harvest. But in today’s wine world, spatlese means something different. It refers to ripe grapes that are long on the vine, but not always sweet as you may expect. The artists featured this year exhibit this ideology in their work. They include:
- John Andersen: Uses the old master’s style to play with the changing light of the seasons and capture a very personal and lyrical view of landscape art.
- Larry Welo: Often working directly from location, Welo uses a stylus on copper to create etchings that translate 3 dimensions onto a single plate.
- Michael Maitner: Maitner’s work reflects a very recognizable style popular in the 1930s-1950s know as American Regionalism.
- Linda Rzoska: She takes inspiration from nature, mythology, folklore and religion. Then, Rzoska creates works that capture the spirituality of her environment.
- Julie Quinn: Working in ink, oil, and acrylic on clay board she recreates an artistic expression of her spiritual journey.
- James Griffin; A realist with a dash of abstract, Griffin paints with his whole body. He embraces his background as an illustrator and his travels through South America.
The opening reception at the gallery will take place on Saturday, October 12th from 6-8pm. First, they set the mood with live jazz by Jay Bertalan & Richard Beelen. Then throughout the evening guests enjoy light refreshments and art demonstrations. And it goes without saying, experience ‘Spatlese’ in their adjacent wine bar.
Finishing Touch, at the Waterstreet Gallery exhibits during the Annual Fall Gallery Stroll. It features the works of all artists in a variety of genres, including paintings, glass, sculpture and mixed media.
The Button Gallery refocuses on the works of its resident fine artists. Their promise is a “salon style” exhibit that represents their art and sculpture for the annual October art event.
More Art To Explore On The Gallery Stroll
- Marcia Perry – Wooden Sculpture
- Thistle Gallery – Fine Handmade Creations in Varied Mediums
- Peachbelt Gallery – Original Local Art
- The Palette Gallery – Contemporary Art and Objets d’Art
- Mr. Miller’s Art Emporium – Fine and Fun Art, Jewelry, Pottery and Glass
- Mixed Media Gallery – Traditional and Contemporary Art
- LebenArt Gallery – Digital Art
- Studio 126 – Art and Design Studio
- Fernwood 1891 – Fine Art and Craft
- Thirdstone Studios – Innovative Contemporary Art
- Khnemu Sculpture Studio and Gallery – Handmade Art Pottery and Pottery Classes
Some of The Best Art At Gallery Stroll Is At Wickwood Inn
Continue your weekend of art and inspiration with a stay at the Wickwood Inn. The Inn houses its own unique collection of art curated from our travels at home and abroad. Even though your gallery stroll experience, your art experience continues. Relax in the comfort of your private room and contemplate the beautiful art that surrounds you still.