Spark Your Romance With A Valentines Getaway In Saugatuck
Experience Sweet Romance At Wickwood Inn
Though we don’t need an excuse to celebrate love, it sure is nice when you have a special Valentines getaway devoted to making our loved one feel a little extra noticed, isn’t it? With so many opportunities for celebration and love at Wickwood and throughout Saugatuck, you really should plan a long weekend with us this February 14! Wickwood Inn will satisfy your taste buds and add all the luxuries you request. Plus our village will be ready to treat you to the best music, entertainment and menus you can imagine!
Romantic Treats & Delicious Food For The Long Weekend
Call and book your stay this Valentines and President’s Day weekend. Be treated to Handmade Chocolates, Champagne, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, French Tulips, Balloons, Wickwood’s luscious Pecan Sticky Buns and surprises galore – morning, afternoon, and evening! Be sure to call us at 279-857-1465 to get in on this exquisite romantic experience!
You can have more than the delicious food and delights for your taste buds. Make plans to spoil yourselves! Add on a relaxing massage or beautiful fresh flowers sent to your room! Check out our detailed listing of all the ways we love to add the romance!
If you’re not already a food lover, by the end of this Valentines getaway, you will be! Fall in love with the first meal of the day at our Farm to Table Breakfast, which may include Warm Honey Crisp Apple Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce or the Best Scrambled Eggs Ever served with Four Berry Salad, Pistachio Sausage, Country Ham and our signature Pecan Sticky Buns. Satisfy that sweet tooth with Afternoon and Evening Sweets with warm Brownie Bites, Almond Bark, Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Vanilla Sables. And dress up a little for our Evening Sips and Small Plates at Six before you head out for the evening! This memorable hour calls everyone together with American Artisanal Cheeses, house made chutneys and pickles, Shrimp and Crab atop Crostini, Sausage Pinwheels, Fava Bean and Parmesan Crostini, Panini and Flatbreads, warm Cheese Dips and Soup Shots.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Saugatuck’s Restaurants For Valentines Day
Since you are all dressed up – you have a date with one of the best restaurants in Saugatuck during your special Valentines getaway! Or, at least you do if you check our list and asked the innkeeper to make a reservation. Restaurants all around town have special menus for Valentine’s Day, so there is always something extra delicious. And, there is always something tasty to be had from our people who focus on craft beer, wine, cider and cocktails. Find our Craft Drinks Trail List here.
Plan Your Valentines Day Getaway Now
Plan your romantic getaway now to Wickwood Inn for Valentine’s Day and President’s Day Weekend! Give us a call at 800.385.1174, reserve one of our romantic fireplace rooms, and get that passionate weekend on your calendar! Want to see even more events happening around Saugatuck to help you plan the perfect Valentines getaway? Visit The Wickwood Events Calendar for a huge list of things going on while you are here.
EXTRA!! A Sweet Valentines Wickwood Inn Recipe…Chocolate Toffee Bark with Sea Salt
These thin after dinner chocolates are simply addictive. Just the right magical combination of salty to sweet has made them a staple in our repertoire. Layers of toffee bits, chocolate, toasted almonds, plus a sprinkling of sea salt have made them completely habit-forming for The Woman of Wickwood and my own sweet tooth. Best of all, they’re simple to make. Makes 4 dozen, which is perfect for those who just could not make a Valentines getaway to Wickwood.
- 15 store-bought or homemade graham crackers, broken into four sections
• 1½ bags (12 ounces) toffee bits
• 1½ cups raw almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
• ¾ cups sugar
• 1¼ cups unsalted butter (2½ sticks)
• 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (we prefer Ghirardelli)
• ¾ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted at 325°F
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place graham crackers in a single layer on sheet, edges touching. Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds evenly over the crackers.2. Bring sugar and butter to boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally until mixture is blended and syrupy, approximately 2 minutes. Immediately pour over the graham crackers. Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, about 15-18 minutes. Immediately sprinkle chocolate and salt evenly over graham crackers. When the chocolate has melted using the back of a spoon spread it evenly using Jackson Pollock strokes across the diagonal of the surface creating a striated surface. Sprinkle evenly with the sliced almonds and allow to cool completely. Bars may be cut with a sharp knife or broken apart into irregular pieces with the tip of a knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.