The Best Fall Romantic Getaway Awaits You In Downtown Saugatuck, Michigan
Let The Sparks Fly At Wickwood Inn’s Romantic Bed And Breakfast
A fall romantic getaway at Wickwood Inn is a beautiful experience! Every couple deserves an opportunity to getaway from it all. But, what makes for a great, romantic getaway? And, where do you go to get it all? A romantic getaway needs to strike the right balance between relaxation and adventure … serenity and energy. There should also be stunning natural beauty, an abundance of pampering, and options for absolute indulgence. Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan checks all of the boxes.
Your Fall Romantic Getaway Begins With Stunning Views, A Beautiful Drive & The Best Location
Enjoy easy access from many major metropolitan areas (Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Toledo, Cleveland, Toronto, etc.), Wickwood Inn in downtown Saugatuck, MI is ideally located. Nestled on the shores of Lake Michigan, Saugatuck is right-sized for your romantic getaway.
With miles of sandy beaches, towering dunes, a freshwater lake the size of an ocean, and magical sunsets, the beauty in Saugatuck is captivating. Of course, in the fall you also have most splendid display during your drive here. Reds, oranges, yellows and golds surround you as the leaves in our towering trees change colors.
Wickwood Inn is located in the heart of historical downtown Saugatuck, and that means you have easy access to everything! Unique shops, award-winning beaches, a wide range of art galleries and studios, historical museums, the Saugatuck Center For The Arts and all its amazing events and exhibitions, live music, award-winning restaurants, tasting rooms, coffee shops, a vegan juice bar, a welcoming yoga studio, hiking trails, and so much more. It’s all just steps from Wickwood’s front door.
Romance Is In Everything We Do At Our Bed & Breakfast
And, when you stay at Wickwood Inn the romance is in the air, everywhere. Each room and guest suite is completely unique, so have fun finding the one that sparks your joy! Throughout the inn, and in every room, you’ll be greeted with fresh flowers and fine art. But it’s our complimentary food, exploding with the freshest flavors of the season, that we’re best known for.
We welcome you with just-out-of-the-oven Sweets. As evening arrives, we gather for Sips & Small Plates. Every new day is greeted with our Farm to Table Breakfast. Each bite is full of so much creativity, you can taste the excitement! The inn offers space to gather or get away from it all. Meet new friends while you relax and dine … or, curl up together and get cozy by a roaring fire.
Romantic Things To Do In Saugatuck
To further inspire your romantic fall getaway, here’s your list of what You Want To Do This Fall at Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan.
- Tackle a challenge together! Climb the 302 steps up Mt Baldhead. Your reward is breathtaking fall color and expansive views of the harbor. Hike your way down the dune. Pause for a picnic, a rest, or at least a selfie with Lake Michigan behind you.
- Walk across the street for a gentle (or vigorous!) yoga class together. Follow that up with feeling good and a stroll down Butler Street to Tree of Life Juice for a juice, smoothie, acai bowl, or avocado toast. Your mind and bodies will thank you!
- Hold hands and hike the trails at Saugatuck Dunes State Park. Towering dunes and a secluded beach make the perfect backdrop for an all-day picnic or a sunset bottle of wine.
- Stroll Oval Beach together and fill a special jar with beach glass and stones during a long walk.
- Delight in 40 minutes of adventure and entertainment on the Saugatuck Dune Rides. This is a favorite with tourists and locals alike! So put your hands in the air and have some fun as you tour one of Michigan’s greatest treasures.
- Grab a table and taste your way through the scrumptious menu at Pennyroyal Cafe … sourced with local ingredients and highlighting the bounty of West Michigan farms. You’re welcome.
“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.”
~ Stanley Horowitz
- Share a pizza flight at The Mitten Brewery. Independently rate your favorites and have fun sharing the results.
- Stroll through downtown Saugatuck and Douglas exploring our art galleries, antique stores, unique boutiques, and shops. There’s something for all to enjoy. Be sure and visit Good Goods, Landsharks, For the Love of Shoes, Chantal, James Brandess, Indian Summer, and Jeff Blandford.
- Have our innkeepers arrange a private wine tasting for two at J.Petter Galleries. Enjoy the more than 12,500 sq ft of gallery space and more than 400 wines.
- Pick apples. Search for the perfect pumpkin. Have a cider donut or taste the variety of ciders at Crane’s. Afterwards, attend your own private cider tasting at Virtue Farms. You’ll love their branch to bottle approach and appreciate the wide variety of flavors and styles. Insider’s tip: be sure and make a stop at Peachbelt Studio along M-89.
- Head out for an evening on the town. Cocktails and dinner at Southerner or Bowdies. Sip after dinner drinks and dance at Little Lucy’s, Saugatuck Brewing, or wherever the sounds of live music bring you in.
- Get out on the water for a romantic sunset. Try the Star of Saugatuck or the Serenity Schooner if you simply want to enjoy the ride. Or, steer the boat yourselves! Climb aboard a vintage electric boat from Retro Boat Rentals.
Reserve Your Fall Romantic Getaway At The Romantic Wickwood Inn
If you never want to leave the inn … we won’t judge! This is your time to relax, reconnect and reignite that spark between you. We offer plenty of in-room pampering options. A bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries upon arrival? A fully-customized couples massage? Our knowledgeable, professional staff is here to anticipate your needs and answer any questions.
Let’s connect. Simply call 269-857-1465 and book directly with our innkeepers. And, have the most fantastic fall romantic getaway today!