The Best Saugatuck Restaurants Guide
Where To Eat In Saugatuck? The Best Saugatuck Restaurants Today
It’s time we update our Best Saugatuck Restaurant list. After all, we are all about food, and like keeping things fresh. It was The New York Times who exclaimed, “At Wickwood, life revolves around food and wine.” And, since Wickwood focuses on food so much, we make sure we know the Saugatuck food scene well. So, when it’s time to explore the best Saugatuck restaurants, our guests know where to go. Life’s too short for spending time in a mediocre restaurant. No matter what type of food you love, Saugatuck’s best restaurants have delicious farm to table food you want to eat.
“People who love to eat are always the best people.”
~ Julia Child
Best Saugatuck Restaurants List | Who Makes Our Mouths Water Today!
Some of the best Saugatuck restaurants are where you find us eating, given a chance. And, just because a restaurant is not on this list does not mean we don’t eat there, too. This is just our favorites list for today.
Best Saugatuck Restaurants
- Bowdies Chophouse | Award-winning and intimate, we love a seat at the bar. By the time you’ve enjoyed your Sazerac craft cocktail, you feel you are amongst friends. Order the steak. We’re partial to the Cowboy Ribeye. Carefully sourced and expertly cooked.
- Coast 236 | Coast serves eclectic beach inspired dishes in a bright, clean dining room with a beachy feel. Share Pistachio-Mint Pesto Lamb Lollipops and a Beet Tower piled high with Squash, Avocado, and Chevre. The go-to entrée is Local Trout with Mandarin Miso Glaze.
- Grow | Real foods, with names you can pronounce, from local farms and flavors you’re going to love. We love the Mitten Salad with pecans, cranberries, goat cheese and pearled couscous. And, the Chicken Salad Sandwich on rye toast has delicious Michigan apples.
- Ida Red’s | Our favorite restaurant in Saugatuck is Ida’s. Open for breakfast and lunch, we love the Three Salad Plate with a portion of all three stunning salads of the day! Another go-to is an always delicious Fettucini Carbonara with bacon, sweet peas and Romano cheese sauce.
“You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.”
~ Paul Prudhomme
- Lucy’s Sauggy Dollar Bar | Lucy’s is the perfect spot for elevated pub fare. Their Flash Fried Calamari is a great start! Follow that with a Lucy Burger. They create it with sirloin and top it with truffle may, bacon-onion jam and white cheddar.
- Southerner | Along the Kalamazoo River, James Beard nominated Chef Matt Millar brings his Southern cooking to Saugatuck. Heavenly Fried Chicken (Nashville Hot or not) Flaky Biscuits, Tori’s Pickles and Braised Greens. Southerner’s craft cocktails ALWAYS pack a punch.
- Pennyroyal | We love everything from Missy Corey’s kitchen. The menu is always changing and check their Special Of The Day because recent harvests at their organic farm inspires it! We adore their Tomato Fennel Soup and the Whitefish Melt is simply amazing.
- Guardian Brewing | This female led brewery makes great beers and delicious food. We love the creative, rotating taps and small but special menu. Try a Roasted Squash & Kale Salad and Pork Carnitas Tacos. And the Peanut Butter Cookie with house-made Popcorn Ice Cream is spectacular.
- Clearbrook Grill Room | Dine while overlooking their beautiful gardens and golf course. Truly a delightful, relaxing experience, this is a favorite of locals. We crave their Camp-Style Griddled Walleye and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop. And, their bar is always lively!
Best Restaurants Near Saugatuck
- Everyday People Cafe | Downtown Douglas | A favorite for both tourists and locals, they feature an eclectic menu with bold, exciting flavors. We love their Greek Salad (never had a better one in Greece!) and Almond Crusted Walleye. And they know how to craft a great martini.
- Salt of the Earth | Downtown Fennville | This kitchen makes magic with local ingredients. Exciting flavors prevail begin with your craft cocktail, a Hemingway Mojito. Enjoy your Grilled Hanger Steak and finish with Toasted S’mores and local gelato! Plus, very weekend there’s live music.
- Butch’s | Downtown Holland | Fabulous food with an amazing retail wine, beer, and cider selection in between. Owner Butch and Chef Ryan create dishes like Grilled Halibut, Hand-cut Ribeye, Kurobuta Pork Chop. Don’t miss their well-curated wine, beer, liquor, and cocktail list.
- 76 | Downtown Holland | Fun, festive, never pretentious. Try the Shaved Brussels and the Crispy Lake Michigan Perch Platter? The wine and handcrafted cocktails match each course. And, don’t forget to order Butterscotch Bread Pudding.
Return To Wickwood To Refresh & Enjoy Our Delicious Sips & Small Plates At Six!
Of course, your experience at Wickwood Inn includes an abundant array of fresh, complimentary food. Our guests begin their day with a lavish Farm to Table Breakfast, which may include Warm Honey Crisp Apple Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce or the Best Scrambled Eggs Ever served with Four Berry Salad, Pistachio Sausage, Country Ham and our signature Pecan Sticky Buns.
Tasty treats continue: Afternoon and Nighttime Sweets of warm Brownie Bites, Almond Bark, Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies or Vanilla Sables.
Finally, Evening Sips and Small Plates at Six call everyone together. Enojy American Artisanal Cheeses, house made chutneys and pickles plus Shrimp and Crab atop Crostini. Guests love our Sausage Pinwheels, Fava Bean and Parmesan Crostini, Panini and Flatbreads. Add warm Cheese Dips and Soup Shots and this appetizer hour is the perfect social event. It’s where food lovers gather to enjoy Wickwood’s original hors d’oeuvres. And, of course, we want everyone to feel at home, so we never charge our houseguests. Taste and share stories with other guests. Then, it’s time to eat at one of Saugatuck’s best restaurants!
Choose your room and reserve your stay at our downtown Saugatuck bed and breakfast today. Discover why food lovers love the best Saugatuck restaurants and the Wickwood Inn.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
~ Virginia Woolf