The Performing Arts In Saugatuck, Michigan | Discover A Summer Of Live Music, Theater, Comedy & Film
The Performing Arts Come Alive Along The Art Coast Of Michigan All Summer!
The performing arts find a home here in Saugatuck because our creative villlage is full of artists. We are the Art Coast of Michigan for good reason! Around here, we have a thing for arts and culture. And especially, during the summer months as we enjoy our weather and our creative community! From live concerts to plays, all the worlds a stage with the performing arts in Saugatuck, Michigan! So, plan your stay at Wickwood this summer around some of our hottest music, theater, comedy and film.
“The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense.” ~ Pablo Picasso
The Saugatuck Expo Performing Arts Events
For a full description of all events happening in the month of June at the Saugatuck Expo, please visit here. But in the meantime, here are some must-attend events at our upcoming Saugatuck Expo!
The Art of Music – June 10-16
- Sounds of Summer – There will be live music at various restaurants and venues all week. Visit here for a complete listing of dates, concerts and locations!
The Art Of Theater & Comedy – June 21-27
- In the Heights – Performance opening June 21 at Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
- Laughshore Comedy Festival – Various locations throughout Saugatuck and Douglas will host 90-minute comedy shows.
- Dudleyville Vintage Baseball Festival – June 23 kicks off two days of fun, food and fellowship with a variety of baseball clubs.
The Art of Shakespeare – June 28-30
- Shakespeare in the Park – On June 29 from 6-10pm enjoy a mini renaissance festival that is free for the whole family!
- Shakespeare Mini Performance: What Mighty Magic – On June 28 from 8pm-9pm drop in to the Saugatuck Women’s Club. Enjoy an evening of performances with scenes from a variety of Shakespeare’s most famous plays.
- Shakespeare Mini Performance: Shakespeare 101 – June 29 from 12pm-1pm will make learning about Shakespeare and the era fun! See this one-hour mini performance!
- Shakespeare Mini Performance: Midsummer Madness – June 30 from 12pm-1pm will take you on a one-hour magical journey. Experience one of Shakespeare’s most beloved plays – A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The Saugatuck Center For The Arts Performances
Saugatuck Center for the Arts hosts a variety of concerts. Listen to the Jump Into Summer evening with the indie-folk sounds of The Accidentals on June 7, and a string quartet on August 1. For a full listing of the concerts at the SCA this summer, visit here. And, don’t miss their annual Summer Benefit on June 15 in support of arts programs in our West Michigan communities. This evening of cocktails, dinner, silent and live auctions and dancing is always a sell-out summer hit! Want an evening of laughter? Get your tickets to one of their sought-after summer performances. In the Heights is on stage from June 21-July 14, Unnecessary Farce from July 26-August 10, or A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder from August 16-September 1.
Live Music Performing Arts Venues In Saugatuck
Do you love the live music experience? Well, you can find a live concert nearly every night of the summer near Saugatuck.
- Our friends at Fenn Valley Vineyards host Music in the Vineyards all summer long, every Thursday and Saturday. These events are free and will run rain or shine! Enjoy Fenn Valley wine, cider and snacks for purchase.
- Waypost Brewing creates delicious craft beer and their love of the arts community is contagious! With a full line-up of summer concerts, there’s always something happening at Waypost!
- Saugatuck Brewing Company hosts tours and tastings every Saturday. And, every Saturday evening this summer in the pub, enjoy live music! Plan your weekend date night. Enjoy what’s on tap at the Brewing Company along with a grilled steak and some great tunes!
- Borrowed Time hosts live Music On The Lawn and Patio every Friday and Saturday throughout the summer. So, eat Dinner In The Loft, then afterwards, take your seat on the lawn to listen.
“Music expresses that which cannot remain silent and cannot be put into words.” ~ Plato
- Our apple orchards in Michigan are second-to-none (oh, that beautiful rich soil!). And, Virtue Cider is the place to visit for tours, tastings, and a variety of local events. Watch their website or Facebook page for posted events!
- Join Salt of the Earth in downtown Fennville every Sunday for live American roots music. Enjoy their “everything made from scratch” locally sourced menu.
- Music isn’t just for the weekends around here either! Pop into The What Not Inn every Monday for live local music!
- Bring a blanket and snacks to Memorial Park in Fennville every OTHER Tuesday. There’s live music in the park all summer long!
- Wicks Park Gazebo in downtown Saugatuck has live bands “Music In The Park” every Wednesday night through to August.
- Felt Estate hosts their Thursday night Summer Concert Series from June 21 – July 26 to support the estate’s ongoing restoration.
Movies In The Parks In Saugatuck
- Berry Field – July 13 & August 10 – Grab beach chairs from Wickwood and some snacks from Pennyroyal Café for Screen on the Green. July’s Film at sunset is Goya’s Ghost. Come back for another sunset film in August with Screen on the Green featuring Seraphine.
- Coghlin Park – August 16 – Shop for delicious nibbles from Farmhouse Deli for your 9 o’clock Movie In The Park in downtown Saugatuck’s Coghlin Park.
Plan Your Stay At Our Saugatuck Bed And Breakfast
Convinced of our love for the performing arts? We hope so. Plan your summer stay at the Wickwood Inn and take in some amazing sights and sounds! Call 1.800.385.1174 today to reserve your room this summer!