Things To Do This Summer In Saugatuck
75 Fun Summer Things To Do In Saugatuck
Summer in Saugatuck … three simple words that convey the perfect combination of outdoor adventure, astonishing natural beauty, complete relaxation and ever-present celebration. It’s the ultimate time and place to get away from it all. Simply call or reserve online. A summer getaway to Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan is the way to unwind. No matter the pace of life you seek, it’s exactly what you’re looking for.
Get out on the water and play this summer in Saugatuck
- Rent a boat this summer in Saugatuck and explore downtown Saugatutck’s harbor with Retro Boat Rentals. You’ll love the electric motors and their sleek vintage style. Or, try a pontoon from Big Lake Outfitters or Making Waves.
- Charter a fishing boat and catch walleye, pike, whitefish, perch or bass with Best Chance Too, Miryha Charters or Hoppenero Charters.
- Sail away into the sunset on the beautiful waters of Lake Michigan with Sweetwater Sailing or Schooner Serenity. Now that’s summer in Saugatuck!
- Get a little exercise along the way. Rent a Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard from Running Rivers or Just Add Water.
- Sit back and enjoy the ride on The W.W.II Vessel, the Harbor Duck. Or, enjoy the view from the upper deck on The Star of Saugatuck paddleboat.
- Take a shortcut and hop across the river on The Saugatuck Chain Ferry. Saugatuck, Michigan has the only hand-cranked chain ferry still in operation!
Shop this summer in Saugatuck’s unique boutiques and galleries
Explore some of our favorite locally-owned shops:
- Shop for the best in local art, handmade American jewelry, clothing, furniture, and more at Good Goods
- Find everything you need to be ready for the outdoors, while stylish enough for the city, at Landsharks
- For a truly authentic collection of Native American jewelry, pottery, rugs and more, explore all the treasures at Indian Summer.
- Searching for that special bottle of wine or ready to taste the best in Michigan wines? Mike at Wine Sellers has everything you need and the perfect accompaniments, too!
- Whenever we need a culinary foodie fix, we walk straight to Butler Pantry in downtown Saugatuck. Their well-curated collection of kitchen wares has everything you need.
- Look for a new painting or an inspiring sculpture with a glass of wine. Stroll through J.Petter Galleries and find art and wine in the same place!
- Don’t miss the beautiful historic barn next to J. Petter that is now Upscale Mercantile. Their chic collection of vintage finds will entertain and delight.
- For a gorgeous mug, bowl, or vessel, try the bold and innovative pottery and glass at Jeff Blandford Gallery.
- Iconic paintings of Saugatuck and the surrounding areas can be found at the James Brandess Gallery.
- A beautiful blend of emerging and established artists are lovingly displayed at Water Street Gallery in downtown Douglas.
- Set in an idyllic old brick school house, we love everything about Peachbelt Gallery in nearby Fennville. Beauty, everywhere!
Where to go in Saugatuck when you get thirsty or hungry in Saugatuck
- For the perfect breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, or just an astonishingly good coffee and cookie, try Pennyroyal Cafe & Provisions.
- With an amazing view of boats gliding by on the Kalamazoo River. The homemade chicken, biscuits, greens, mac and cheese, and so much more from The Southerner cannot be beat. Their whisky, bourbon, and craft cocktails are the best!
- Pack the most incredible picnic, or pause a moment and enjoy breakfast, lunch, coffee, fresh juice, or something sweet. Chris Ferris and the entire crew at Farmhouse Deli have everything you need all summer in Saugatuck.
- Keeping things healthy and delicious while on your getaway? Tree of Life Juice has acai bowls, smoothies, immunity shots, avocado toast, and whatever else makes you feel great.
- This summer in Saugatuck, everything coming out of the downtown Saugatuck kitchen at Grow is going to be good. We love it for breakfast or lunch, and now that we can also enjoy a Mimosa or glass of wine? Even better!
- When it’s the best steak, and every amazing side, you are craving … there’s no better place than Bowdie’s. We love that their bar menu matches the quality of the food. Spectacular!
- Beloved by locals and visitors alike, Everyday People Cafe in downtown Douglas always feels like a celebration.
- For gorgeous outdoor garden seating, try the fresh fare at Coast 236 in the heart of Saugatuck for dinner.
- Need a little caffeine to pick you back up? You can get your local coffee fix at Uncommon Coffee Roasters, Farmhouse, Pennyroyal, and Root.
- When you need a beer around Saugatuck, try Waypost Brewing, Saugatuck Brewing, or Guardian Brewing.
- Want a cider instead? Visit Virtue Farms or Crane’s Farms & Orchards for a taste of Saugatuck’s local hard apple ciders.
- Taste Michigan wines and tour local vineyards at Fenn Valley Winery.
Relax at the beach and watch a breathtaking Lake Michigan sunset
- Easy parking, endless beach, and expansive crystal clear waters can all be found at Saugatuck’s award-winning Oval Beach. Oh, there are also restrooms, grills, picnic table and more!
- While there is free parking and public restrooms at Douglas Beach, you’ll need to walk the 104 steps down to enjoy the spectacular Lake Michigan views!
- Boasting 2.5 miles of secluded Lake Michigan Beach, you’ll have to hike your way in at the Saugatuck Dunes State Park. Trails to the beach are as short as .6 miles and as long as you can imagine!
- Willing to take a climb over 300 stairs to the top of Mt. Baldhead? The views of town and the lake are worth every step.
- Still looking for more beach access? Try Sunset Park, Pier Cove Park, or Laketown Beach.
Now that we showed you how to experience this summer in Saugatuck, the only question that remains is … what are you waiting for? It’s your turn! Your ultimate summer getaway is right here at Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan. Just call or click. We can’t wait to welcome you to to our downtown Saugatuck bed and breakfast!