Top 20 Things To Do In Saugatuck 2020
This Year’s Top 20 Things To Do When You Visit Wickwood Inn In Saugatuck, MI
These Top 20 Things To Do in Saugatuck are what you must do when you visit Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan! It’s true there are other places you could stay, but no one else has what we offer at Wickwood. First and foremost, there’s our prime location. We’re right in the heart of the historic downtown. Nothing is more than a 5-minute walk or a 15-minute drive. Then, there’s our abundance of complimentary food. Your day begins with our Signature Amenity, the Farm-T0-Table brunch. Coffee, Juices, and our famous Ginger Tea are available any time. We surprise you with sweets in the afternoon and the evening. And, our favorite hour of the day is our Sips & Small Plates Happy Hour where every bite bursts with flavor. Of course, there’s our collection of fine art (both local and from around the world) and fresh flowers throughout the inn and in each guest room or suite. And because your stay is hassle free, there’s complimentary off-street private parking and complimentary high speed WiFi throughout the entire inn.
We know some people LOVE to arrive at Wickwood and never leave the inn. But, there are others who are ready for every adventure just outside our front door. For those who love adventure (and also enjoy relaxation) … here’s a little inspiration for the Top 20 Things To Do In Saugatuck In 2020.
- Saugatuck Dunes State Park is where you lose track of time as you explore the more than 1,000 acres. The towering dunes and expansive sand beaches along Lake Michigan take your breath away.
- A Saugatuck Dune Ride is another way to see the sand dunes. And you have the time of your life which puts it firmly into the Top 20 Things To Do!
- Climb Mt. Baldhead with more than 300 stairs to the top of the dunes. The panoramic views of the harbor are worth the effort, and you can choose your own adventure when you’re ready to make your way back down!
- Spend A Day At Oval Beach. Swim, walk for miles, relax, rest, read, and stay for the most stunning sunset. Saugatuck’s Oval Beach sunsets are always near the top of our Top 20 Things To Do list.
- Get out on the water! Rent a Stand Up Paddleboard, a kayak, a pontoon boat, or a vintage electric boat. Maybe you’d rather set sail. Sweetwater and Schooner Serenity welcome you aboard. Or, simply sit back and enjoy a cruise on the Star of Saugatuck.
“When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
~ A.A. Milne
For The Hungry & Thirsty
- Keep it casual and enjoy great food at The Southerner as the boats glide by. Pennyroyal is now serving alcohol and dinner + large patio new this year. At Borrowed Time, indoors or out, the wine and service are impeccable. Grow, al fresco or inside, is where we can’t get enough of their salads. Ida Reds is just around the corner and the muffins, scrambles, and fresh-squeezed orange juice satisfy every time. Guardian Brewing has great beer, but we go for the food … and thanks for all the Vegan options!
- Love the atmosphere and the food at Bowdies from the cocktails, to the main, to dessert. Everday People Cafe is a longstanding favorite for local and visitors alike. Clearbrook Restaurant with relaxing views of the golf course never disappoints.
- Take a walking tour of the tasting rooms in downtown Saugatuck: Coppercraft Distillery, New Holland Spirits, Crane’s Wine & Cider, Fenn Valley Vineyards, Ridge Cider Company, and J. Petter Wine Gallery just over the bridge in Douglas.
- Explore the vineyards, breweries, and cider houses in the area: Saugatuck Brewing Company, Guardian Brewing, Waypost Brewing, Fenn Valley Vineyards, Modales Wines, Virtue Cider, Crane’s Cider, Marland and Wyncroft Wines, McIntosh Cellars, and more!
“First we eat, then we do everything else.”
~ M.F.K. Fisher
Don’t Miss Your Fitness Fix
- Grab a day pass for one of our local gyms: Blue Star Community Gym or Snap Fitness. For the women, there’s also Encompass Fitness that offers inspiring classes in an accessible environment.
- Take a yoga class across the street from Wickwood at Satya. This welcoming studio offers classes 7 days a week, all year round, for all levels. Mats and props included! Privates also offered for individuals or groups.
- Hike, ski, or snow shoe the trails at Saugatuck Dunes State Park or Singapore Harbor Natural area.
- Bike for miles along our country roads. You’ll enjoy finding art studios, wineries, and farm stands dotted along the way.
“If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
~ Thomas Jefferson
Buy Art Or Create Your Own
- Explore the more than 30 art galleries and studios throughout Saugatuck and Douglas. Be sure and visit Peachbelt Studio, Jeff Blandford Gallery, James Brandess Gallery, Water Street Gallery, and The Ark Gallery.
- Take in the latest exhibition and events at the Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA). Always the hottest ticket in town, our local Arts Center hosts gallery exhibitions, concerts, comedy, film, classes, workshops, and the Saugatuck farm market.
- Register for a class or attend an event at the Ox-Bow School Of Art. Become part of this more than a century-long collaboration between the Art Institute of Chicago and Saugatuck. The property is pristine and the courses are powerful.
- See the newest show at Mason Street Warehouse Theater. We can’t wait to find out the 2020 line-up. These summer shows always sell out, so don’t delay.
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”
~ Pablo Picasso
Experience The Perfect Retail Therapy
- Step outside our door and enjoy the unique shops, boutiques and galleries of downtown Saugatuck. You won’t find any big-box stores here. You don’t want to miss Good Goods, Landsharks, Chantal, Indian Summer, and For The Love of Shoes. When you’re ready to buy that perfect bottle of wine for the evening sunset, Wine Sellers is the place to be.
- Go antique shopping and treasure hunting. Your excursion begins at Swell Times. This downtown Saugatuck store is sure to make you laugh out loud. Next up, Upscale Mercantile. This historic barn is FULL of whimsy and delight! After that, off to the Saugatuck Antique Pavilion … 24,000 square feet of fun.
- Explore lively downtown Holland. Just a few minutes drive from Saugatuck, downtown Holland is bustling with wonderful stores, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, breweries, and tasting rooms. The Peanut Store, Reader’s World, Outpost, and Butch’s Dry Dock are a few of our faves.
“The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.”
~ Erma Bombeck
All this and more is possible when you simply call, or book online, and reserve your room at Wickwood Inn today. Saugatuck has never been better, so make 2020 the year and mark these top 20 things to do off your list! We can’t wait to see you at Wickwood Inn.