Top Things To Do In Saugatuck Michigan Every Month
Things To Do In Saugatuck In Every Season Of Every Month Of The Year
Tis the season for bucket lists … right? Our ‘Top Things To Do In Saugatuck’ lists the best activities for every month. There are literally amazing adventures and experiences in Saugatuck every month of the year!
As you plan your Lake Michigan getaway for 2019, there are Saugatuck Experiences for everyone all year long. Print it off this monthly bucketlist. Visit us often. See how many adventures in Saugatuck you can have in 2019! And while you’re at it, book your sweet Michigan getaway at Wickwood Inn! We can’t wait to hear which part of Saugatuck you enjoy the most!
“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- Experience an old English tradition at the annual Wassail at Virtue Cider. Expect bonfires, live music, a lot of good food and a great cider celebration!
- Take in Michigan’s lakeshore winter and cross-country ski along the trails in Saugatuck Dunes State Park. Bring your own, or rent skis or snowshoes locally.
- Stir up the romance with a magical horse-drawn sleigh ride through the woods.
- Get crafty and brew your own craft beer at Saugatuck Brewing Company.
- Choose from Valentine’s Day menus all around town or cook up your own romance at Wickwood by ordering Patricia’s Chocolates, fresh roses and champagne to your room.
- Enjoy weekly live music at Salt Of The Earth and taste their divine wood fired pizza.
- Stroll through Waterstreet Gallery’s Fine Art Exhibition as they reopen for weekends in February.
- Go on a date and try something sweet at one of our many (or all!) of our coffee and tea cafes. Try out Uncommon Roasters , Respite, or Saugatuck Tea Company to get you started!
- Participate in a true artistic experience during the MountainFilm Tour at Saugatuck Center For The Arts. Experience two days of screenings at this annual film festival.
- Enjoy the spring farm-to-table menus at local restaurants. At Wickwood Inn, we love to support our local farmers and share their harvests with our guests!
- Stroll along, alone or hand-in-hand, during an early spring on Oval Beach – National Geographic Traveler’s Top Freshwater Beaches in the USA.
- Attend the free Spring Saugatuck Douglas Fine Art Gallery Stroll where art studios, galleries and pop-up spaces feature art demonstrations, live music, and refreshments.
- Visit the Evergreen Lane Creamery and taste hand-crafted artisan cheese, play with the baby goats and take in this charming farm creamery!
- Begin antique and vintage hunting for your home or business at one of our many local antique shops ranging in size from pavilions to boutiques.
- Find something gorgeous that’s one-of-a-kind. Shop Saugatuck’s boutiques and proudly owned local shops.
- Gather with friends and do the pub crawl from Saugatuck Brewing Company to Guardian Brewing to Waypost Brewing.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day (and art!) on the Annual Artz & Gardens Tour.
- Before summer crowds arrive, golf at some of the best green at Clearbrook – a qualifying site for the Michigan Open that’s played host to some of the area’s finest players and tournaments.
- Take in the sights, smells and sounds of all the freshness awaiting you at the Holland Farmers Market. Be sure to take home the sweetest Michigan strawberries!
- Score tickets to the highly talked about Southerner’s Morel Mushroom Dinner and learn what it takes to forage safely and responsibly for your own food!
- Take a step back in time and tour The Felt Estate and behold intricate mahogany woodwork, art déco colourful tile, and enjoy learning about the history of this mansion that began with a love story.
- Spend a day at the widely celebrated Oval Beach enjoying the Lake Michigan air, fueling up at the concessions, watching the sunset, or traipsing up the dunes close by.
- Grab your bike and ride the Blue Star Bike Trail – a volunteer effort to motivate mindsets towards health, safety, wellness, economic health and environment.
- Party at Friday Night Open Studios from 7:30 – 10 p.m. when participants at Ox-Bow School of Artists & Residency open their studios and display their work.
- Take a step back in time, and line up for a hot dog and root beer float at the Douglas Root Beer Barrel.
- Watch fireworks over Lake Kalamazoo and celebrate the Saugatuck 4thof July parade and waterfront festival. Break out the red, white and blue – we have something for you!
- Choose your favorite flavor at Charlie’s Round the Corner Ice Cream and take a selfie in front of their iconic vintage Charlie’s sign.
- Rent a kayak and paddle up the Kalamazoo River. Explore Kalamazoo Lake and Wade’s Bayou while keeping an eye out for herons, egrets and eagles.
- Pick a captain and a charter boat and fish for Salmon, Steelhead, Lake Trout and Brown Trout in Lake Michigan.
- Watch the boats light up on Lake Kalamazoo for the Venetian Festival and enjoy the parties.
- Rent a retro boat for the afternoon from a fleet of rare classic runabout boats.
- Request that Wickwood Inn prepare you special beach picnic basket to enjoy at Oval Beach.
- Tickle your ears with the sounds of the Chamber Music Festival of Saugatuck .
- Enjoy classic cocktails and delicious pub food at Red Dock for sunset on the water.
- Bring a blanket and claim your spot at Wick’s Park for Music in the Park every Wednesday.
- Test yourself on Saugatuck’s iconic stairs in the multi-terrain Mount Baldhead Challenge.
- As one of the world’s top beach towns, Saugatuck draws a crowd! But, in September the numbers drop, so late summer visitors truly enjoy less crowded beaches.
- Experience a delicious cider tasting at Virtue Farms – providing all-natural ciders from some of the country’s best apple orchards.
- Taste the thrill of apple season in Michigan. Pick your own apples. Then eat pies at Crane Orchards. Their orchards grow many varieties of apples, cherries, peaches and pumpkins.
- Choose a gorgeous sunset boat cruise down the Kalamazoo River on the Star of Saugatuck. This family-friendly paddleboat experience provides snacks on board and keep your eyes alert for wildlife close by!
- Discover fine art at the Saugatuck-Douglas Annual Fall Gallery Stroll where art studios and galleries feature art exhibitions, art demos, live music, and refreshments.
- West Michigan is ablaze in fall, so pack your binoculars and drive or cycle the Fall Color Tour. From tree canopied country roads to sand dunes, it won’t disappoint!
- Dress in your spooky best and party at the infamous Douglas Halloween Parade for Adults.
- Experience fall along Lake Michigan’s shore during our Indian Summer and take one last paddleboard of the year at Wade’s Bayou.
- The menu at Wickwood Inn is farmers’ market-inspired and highlights the small growers and artisan food producers of our surrounding Lake Michigan countryside. Enjoy the harvest at Wickwood Inn and check out our apple loving recipes!
- Take it slow and easy on a horse-drawn carriage ride at Wild West Ranch.
- Experience the Harvest Celebration winemaker’s dinner in Fenn Valley Winery.
- Sip local brews at an autumn craft beer tasting at Saugatuck Brewing Company, and while you’re there, try the Buffalo Burger!
- Behold the magic of Wickwood’s holiday décor, with trees, sparkle, music, fireplaces and sweets (of course!) throughout the Inn.
- Spend a day sipping and shopping at the Dutch Christmas market, Holland’s Kerstmarkt.
- Shop for Christmas at Kindel & Co. – our local lifestyle mercantile company offering specially curated items for men, women, and the home. See their Pop-Up Christmas store, too!
- Get tickets and make it a new tradition to cheer on Scrooge at the classic Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’ on stage at the Saugatuck Center For The Arts.
- Open Wickwood’s Craft Drinks Map and have Wickwood arrange for a driver to take you on a custom Craft Drinks Trail Tour.
FIND MORE THINGS TO DO IN SAUGATUCK
Whether you visit our beloved Saugatuck area, there’s always something to do! To find out more (yes, there’s really more!), you can visit our Wickwood Inn Blog, sign up for our weekly newsletter, or visit our Things to Do in Saugatuck page.
So, are you hungry YET for a getaway to Saugatuck? Book today or phone our innkeepers at Wickwood Inn at 269-857-1465 to make your reservation now!