Upscale Mercantile Vintage Shop Is Full Of Saugatuck Treasure
Upscale Mercantile Is Where Upmarket Vintage Meets Art Vibe In Saugatuck, MI
There’s no place like Upscale Mercantile to brighten our moods and add excitement to the day. When we’re in need for some inspiration and a jolt of joy, Upscale in nearby Douglas is exactly where we go. Their setting is so perfect – in a 1920’s art gallery barn. This historic barn is chock full of Vintage treasures. Find Mid Century Modern, and Antique one-of-a-kind items from around the country and around the world. There are dining and side tables, lamps, chandeliers, chairs, couches and much, much more. Upscale has so many unique gift and specialty food items not available in other stores in the area. New items come in all the time, and there’s always easy parking. Located adjacent to J. Petter Galleries on Blue Star Highway just south of the bridge. It’s a mere 5 minutes from Wickwood Inn.
Treasures Found – Vintage & New
Sometimes changing the mood of the day is just that simple. An hour at Upscale Mercantile always makes us happy. While you’re there, have a chat with the shop manager Henry Leinaar. He is a real treasure if you are looking for decor ideas! And when you meet the owners, Tom and Linda Clement, ask them to keep an eye out for a particular item on your vintage wishlist.
This week, I bought a slew of Brie Bakers and condiments to serve with, fabulous Sage Honey and honeycombs, a fish pen, a bunch of terrific Holiday cocktail napkins, and other treasures that I just couldn’t live without. We bought some wonderful mirrored tables for Wickwood’s Uptown room there, and a charming set of Bamboo chairs and table for Wickwood’s Dining Room.
“The odds of going into a store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.”
~ Erma Bombeck
Of course, Upscale Mercantile is a fantastic place for all of your holiday shopping in Saugatuck. No matter the challenges of this year’s gift list, Upscale Mercantile has what you’re looking for. Here’s some inspiration for this year’s gift giving. And, we won’t judge if you end up buying one of each for yourself!
- Wildly Delicious | Culinary innovation best describes this line of sauces, tapenades, dippers and jams from Canada. A must for any pantry and great as a party favor.
- Habersham Wax Pottery, Scented Spheres | These artistic wax spheres are home fragrance without a flame. Beautiful addition to any room with many scents to choose from.
- Cocktail Books | A great collection of vintage and current recipe books for the mixologists in your life.
- Handmade Mittens | Made locally from vintage sweaters. No two pairs alike and new arrivals coming in all the time. Cute and cozy.
- Unique Objects | One-of-a-kind interesting objects from sculptures, art, furniture and everything in between. Upscale creates displays that inspire you to take them home!
“Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.”
~ Bo Derek
- Inis, Energy of the Sea | The ocean-fresh unisex fragrance sensation from the Irish boutique perfumery – Fragrances of Ireland.
- Savannah Bee Company | Since 2002, Savannah Bee Company has led the industry in specialty honey and beeswax-based body care. Savannah Bee’s mission is bringing you pure, delicious honey and natural, luxurious hive products. All the while they educate people about the wonders of the honeybee.
- Primal Elements | Dedicated to providing the highest quality bath and skin care products. Primal Elements bath and skin care products have evolved from the revitalizing benefits of aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, and botanical infusions.
- Tassen | Quality porcelain products from Germany embellished with facial expressions. Bowls, plates, mugs, vases and more.
- Vintage Barware | Large selection of shakers, glasses, decanters, ice buckets and more.
Reserve A Unique Shopping Getaway Today
Now is the perfect time to reserve a holiday getaway to Wickwood Inn’s downtown Saugatuck bed and breakfast. We’re decorated for the holidays AND we’re full of vintage collectibles throughout the Inn. Items collected from traveling the globe are in every room for guests to enjoy. Relax, unwind, enjoy stress-free shopping, and take in the seasonal cheer throughout the Saugatuck area. And, while you’re here, take a peek at the treasures we found at Upscale Mercantile.