Discover The Best Saugatuck-Douglas 42nd Annual Fall Gallery Stroll Yet: October 12-13, 2019 | Part I
Annual Fall Gallery Stroll | Saugatuck
The annual fall gallery stroll is soon upon us! And, how do you have fun on a crisp autumn day? To begin, take a stroll through the lovely villages of Saugatuck and Douglas, Michigan. Because this Stroll leads to the discovery the magnificent artwork at the 42nd Annual Fall Gallery Stroll. There’s nothing better than wandering through unique galleries, listening to live music and watching artist demonstrations. Enjoy refreshments and ponder the inspiration for the art on display. This year promises to be as awe-inspiring as every previous year and then some. Mark your calendars. And most importantly, reserve your stay at the Wickwood Inn for this fantastic fall event.
Each gallery features a different genre of the art world. Therefore, pick and choose the ones you visit according to your personal preferences. Or, color outside the lines and experience something new. It’s up to you. Here are the art galleries taking part in our lovely village of Saugatuck, MI, along with their artistic focus. And certainly, watch for Fall Gallery Stroll: Part II, for the list of Douglas art galleries to visit on the fall gallery stroll.
Saugatuck, MI Art Galleries To Visit
The Saugatuck art galleries are listed below along with their art style focus. Plus, check out our easy Saugatuck Douglas Art Galleries Map for direction to every one of them.
FEATURED: Saugatuck Center For The Arts
Music, theater, art, education, film. The Saugatuck Center For The Arts focuses its energy on bringing topnotch artists to the community. It’s their effort to expand the horizons of all. Current art exhibitions include illustrations by Rebecca Green, Ginnie Jsu, Hillery Sproatt and Libby Vander Ploeg, all renowned artists in the field of story art and illustration. Coming soon is Luminescence, an exhibit that uses light-infused art to encourage interaction. And following, Art a Loan features the work of Saugatuck public school students in grades kindergarten through high school.
- Good Goods – Fine Design, Art and American Craft (One of the original gallery stroll galleries)
- Armstrong de Graaf – International Fine Art
- Amazwi – Contemporary Art of Africa
- James Brandess – Impressionist Style
- James Conner Gallery – Portrait Painter of American Cities
- Jeff Blandford Gallery – Wheel-Thrown Ceramics
- Saugatuck Art Traders – Original Art and Fine Art Prints
- Saugatuck Gallery – Hand Painted Oils
- Indian Summer Gallery – Authentic Native American Art and Jewelry
- Oxbow School of Art and Artist Residency – Professional School for Artists
- Discovery Art Center – Cooperative Gallery of Varied Genres
- Marcia Perry Sculpture Studio – Wooden sculpture Inspired by Nature
- Bruce Baughman Studio and Gallery – Contemporary Artist
- Laffing Glass Art – Handmade Glass Art
Reserve Your Stay At Wickwood & Add To Your Art Experience
After that, continue your weekend of art and inspiration with a stay at Wickwood Inn in downtown Saugatuck. You are within walking distance of most of the art galleries! Our Saugatuck bed and breakfast houses its own unique collection of art curated from our travels at home and abroad. Relax in the comfort of your art-filled private room. And above all, enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. Don’t wait! Phone the Inn to reserve your room today.